$150 Android Tablet Spotted in Kmart Flyer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]eeide[/nom]I don't see anything about this device that would make it anywhere close to better than an iPad.[/citation]
Are you serious? In case you are:

1) It doesn't have Jopple draconian restrictions (not being able to read stuff from your own device / copy stuff from more than one device? And you guys still buy this shit? Are you kidding me?)
2) It's based on open platform. Download SDK, create your app, say "f*ck you *pple" and put it on your device.
3) Last, but not least, it doesn't cost gazillion $$$

ulysses35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Looks like a decent piece of hardware for $150. FLAC support is really nice![/citation]

So what if the ipad has better apps - at least this one wont overheat :)

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
all these phones with better specs cost loads more money. and 3g is nice, but the accompanied data plan will cost, what, $50/mo? gotta factor that into cost.

with this, presumably, you can have a fun little tablet + wifi phone. less convenience, but a potential phone replacement if are constantly (home, work) around wifi hotspots like me. can't talk and drive, though.

for the record, i don't have one of these...or any type of smartphone, so my rants are basically theoretical.

Status
Not open for further replies.