1Password (Password Manager) Review

AGEva

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
My name is Eva Schweber and I work for AgileBits, the folks who make 1Password. Thank you for reviewing our software. There are a few points in your review that I would like to address.

"But it can't automatically capture existing credentials as you log into sites for which you already have accounts — instead, you have to enter those credentials manually into 1Password."

The first time that you enter credentials into a new site, the app will automatically capture the login information and add it to the app. Make sure that you have the 1Password web browser extension installed for this feature to work. https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

I would also like to clarify the distinction between 1Password accounts (our 1Password Families and 1Password Teams subscription plans) and our standalone apps. 1Password accounts include the latest version of our apps for all of our platforms and your data is always consistent across all of your devices. The standalone apps are licensed per person and platform, and can be set up to sync locally (without data touching the cloud) using Wi-Fi, or with the cloud using Dropbox or iCloud (if only Apple devices are being used).

Our Android and Windows apps are newer and we are working hard on feature parity across platforms. The latest version of our Android app does include some nice features like automatic filling and Fingerprint Unlock. Multiple vaults are supported if you have a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families account.

Regarding two-factor authentication, our security model is built on strong, end-to-end encryption. Authentication is used to provide our hosted services, but it is not relied on for securing your data. You can read more about the distinction and how we secure our customers' data on our website.
https://support.1password.com/authentication-vs-encryption/

GrumpyAs

Prominent
May 26, 2017
This is rubbish.
The review is dated 23 May but it's much older than that.
The AgileBits spokes person response is 10 months old...how can that be?
The pricing is wrong
The standalone version ain't available on their web site not on the Apple App Store.
It's all subscription only hosted on the devs servers.
This is just a fluff filler ... regurgitated old stuff .... to separate the advertisements.

G

i LOOOVE 1Password. My kids can never remember their passwords and we got family sharing.