1TB Passport to Samsung TV to Sonny Surround sound

Jeepgirley

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
How can I connect my Passport to my TV so the movies will play through the Surround Sound system? Right now I have a Dish box that has the Red/White cables that run to the Surround sound so I can watch regular TV with it, but when I connect my Passport to the TV ( USB) it only plays out the TV speakers.

Solution
If you can, try disabling the TV speakers and routing all audio through the audio out port on your TV (rewire your speaker cables to originate from the TV audio out).

If that isn't an option, you may be able to use the dish box to access music through usb connection.

If that isn't satisfactory, consider getting an audio switchboard to manage your audio connections.

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
If you can, try disabling the TV speakers and routing all audio through the audio out port on your TV (rewire your speaker cables to originate from the TV audio out).

If that isn't an option, you may be able to use the dish box to access music through usb connection.

If that isn't satisfactory, consider getting an audio switchboard to manage your audio connections.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS