2.1 speaker set + subwoofer not working.

egoldenmage11

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
So I have a 2.1 speaker set connected to my green 3.5mm out port. I have tried connecting my Extra 100W sub to the orange c/sub port, but never could get it to work. It worked on the front 2.1 port, but I NEVER got them to play audio together really well. This is because my 2.1 speaker set requires a windows volume of around 8,%, whilst the sub requires 100%! So if I use the stereo mix for example, stereo mix it isn't loud enough when listening to the 2.1 set and passing it to the sub. So I wanted to switch the speakers from input, (because going from 100% to 8% is possible, but not vice versa) . Unfortunately there's a loud static buzzing on my 2.1 speakerset, so this isn't an option. I use Realtek HD audio drivers and have a Z97x gaming-3 motherboard (it has 7.1 out). A splitter wouldn't work because the speakers require different levels, unless I solder in a Potentiometer or something, which I don't wanna do since this adds another weak (analog) link to the chain. Can someone help me maybe?

P.S. I already tried to use VoiceMeeter banana, but that added a lot of weird delays/blackouts to the signal, and CheVolume doesn't even start up. Maybe someone knows a good software mixer?)

And yes, the sub has power / is on / works, I tested this with my phone.

- Wouter

Solution
You may never be able to get a mismatched combination to work well together.
When you tried to set up the extra sub on the orange center sub out did you have the right cable? Stereo 3.5mm to two mono (L/R) connections. One will be center so no sound on sub with that one.
Set PC to 2,1. The sub on the 2.1 system will work way less than before. Then you would match levels with the gains on the speakers. Might be too big a difference according to your description.
You may never be able to get a mismatched combination to work well together.
When you tried to set up the extra sub on the orange center sub out did you have the right cable? Stereo 3.5mm to two mono (L/R) connections. One will be center so no sound on sub with that one.
Set PC to 2,1. The sub on the 2.1 system will work way less than before. Then you would match levels with the gains on the speakers. Might be too big a difference according to your description.

Solution