2 in 1 suggestion

Matthew_181

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Hey all
So I'm leaving my current job, which gave me a surface pro 3. So I need to give it back. Unfortunately it has become my go-to work computer. The job I'm going to thankfully doesn't require anything nearly as beefy as the surface that I have. I'm wondering if you could point me to a 2 in 1 (maybe detachable?) that is affordable. I don't really want to go over 300. The issue I'm seeing is TINY hard drive. 16, 32, 64 gigs. I know they have expandable memory slots but I'd prefer a moderately sized hard drive. The only other requirement is reliability. Is this going to be something I can use reliably for several years?

I'll be using it for word processing, basic web browsing, (email, facebook, youtube, etc), and drawing. I am mapping telecommunications systems so I need a computer capable of handling that. I don't care too much about the display quality.

Thanks!

Sorry, but there are no 2 in 1 laptops with your expectations within such a low price range. In that range you are limited to convertibles similar to an Asus Transformer which has an Intel Atom CPU and limited storage.

One thing to keep in mind though that all 2 in 1 laptops that are similar to the Surface Pro 3 are sealed. You cannot upgrade the RAM or the storage so when you purchase such a laptop you need to select the one with the amount of RAM and storage space you want.

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
You won't find anything with a touchscreen, chromebooks tend to be cheaper, but as I understood, you need a windows machine.
That price is pretty cheap, I mean you can find one with an HDD, but it will most likely have a non-i3 dual core CPU.
I don't know what "mapping telecommunication systems" is, but you won't find a very good laptop for that price.
Try looking at something second-hand.