20 Useful Home Improvement Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythostd

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
At my work an admin kept insisting that the TV we had jsut hung was crooked. When we finally sent a guy up to check it turned out her iPhone said it was 2 degrees out of level. 3 normal levels said it was level. Guess which we believed?

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
I would never trust the sensors of a phone for something like adjusting level. They're simply not precise enough.

Also, an application i recently discovered for Windows/Mac Os/Linux that is awesome for home design is Sweet Home 3D. Is open source, and has enough features to design your house from top to bottom. And is relatively easy enough to use (at least easier than AutoCad)

G

@mythos..The Apple probably told a family member to jump off a high building. When is the funeral?.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
For one iphone users suck anything DIY thats why they own ijunk and anyone who uses apps to do this type of stuff because they dont have the real tools probably shouldn't be doing it anyway.

G

An incredibly simple, yet powerful app named Tapeulator helps me in the shop. I hate math with fractions and decimals so this app makes sure I don't screw up a customer's order.

Status
Not open for further replies.