Solved! 200 Kilo Panasonic Plasma Wall Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

windows-xp

Honorable
Nov 25, 2015
Hi all,

After years of owning my plasma I've finally decided to mount it on the wall. However, there's a slight problem; it's 200 kilograms (440 pounds). 320 kilos with the stand!

How exactly would you mount it? Are there any reinforcements that should be added to the wall or something like that? I've mounted televisions in the past, but nothing of this size! Moreover, aside from its sheer size, I need to find some people to lift it!

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Solution
The last time I was involved in installing a 103" plasma it took 5 of us to get it onto it's bracket (4 lifting and one to connect cables) the brackets used were from Unicol and the wall had been reinforced to take the weight.
well wow 103 inches monitor is definitely NOT going to be a) one man job b) find the mounting bracket at home depot.
I would try to contact professional audio/video shop, that do installations, they likely will have the proper equipment to mount this.

windows-xp

Honorable
Nov 25, 2015

Thanks mate, I thought that would be the case. Perhaps I ought to leave it on its stand, it does the job fine. The house is quite old too; it mightn't be able to accommodate it structurally. Oh well. Thanks anyway

Nick

Mousemonkey

Distinguished
The last time I was involved in installing a 103" plasma it took 5 of us to get it onto it's bracket (4 lifting and one to connect cables) the brackets used were from Unicol and the wall had been reinforced to take the weight.

Solution

windows-xp

Honorable
Nov 25, 2015

That's about right, took four of us to get it inside! I'll have look into Unicol, thanks for that. The house was built in the 1940's so I'm sure it'll have to be reinforced

Status
Not open for further replies.