2008 MacBook vs Thinkpad X120e

therrake

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I own a 2008 MacBook Unibody, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 9400M. I was thinking of trying out a PC and this recently announced Thinkpad X120e running a Zacate E-350 caught my eye. Would the increased graphics capabilities of the Thinkpad make up for the lost CPU speed? Would this be a noticeable step down in terms of computing power?

Solution
Your MacBook is not that old and unless you want to either play games or do some substantial movie editing, I doubt you would need anything much more powerful at this stage. Also, MacBooks are best known for their user-friendliness and excellent battery life. I own a 13" MacBook which has an average battery life of 5 hours and my friend's 15" MacBook Pro is supposed to last more than 8 hours.

-Klosteral

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Your MacBook is not that old and unless you want to either play games or do some substantial movie editing, I doubt you would need anything much more powerful at this stage. Also, MacBooks are best known for their user-friendliness and excellent battery life. I own a 13" MacBook which has an average battery life of 5 hours and my friend's 15" MacBook Pro is supposed to last more than 8 hours.

-Klosteral

Solution