2017 Sony TV audio out to a 2001 Bose Receiver help

krislarson39

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Just purchased a 2017 Sony - 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with High Dynamic Range. I also have a older Bose Lifestyle 12 Series II produce from 1999 to 2003. What are my options to connect audio out from the TV to the receiver so I may still experience my surround sound?

TV Link
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range/5748206.p?skuId=5748206

Bose Link
https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/5_speaker_home_theater_support/ls12_series2.html

madmatt30

Honorable
Your easy option is a 3.5mm to twin rca analog cable from the tv earphone out to the bose.

You won't get real surround sound but will get virtual (simulated) surround

Another 'maybe' option is the use of a toslink to coax digital converter from the tv to the bose (that bose does look to have a digital rca input on the acoustimass control box

This 'might' give you proper digital sureound audio

madmatt30

Honorable
Your easy option is a 3.5mm to twin rca analog cable from the tv earphone out to the bose.

You won't get real surround sound but will get virtual (simulated) surround

Another 'maybe' option is the use of a toslink to coax digital converter from the tv to the bose (that bose does look to have a digital rca input on the acoustimass control box

This 'might' give you proper digital sureound audio

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 1
F Audio 0
J Audio 1
D Audio 2
Neil Stevens Audio 0
J Audio 1
B Audio 2
Hecubus Audio 4
D Audio 0
C Audio 2