24Hrs of Video Uploaded to YouTube Every Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Reason people are still paying for Cable/Satellite is thanks to crappy monopolization of the digital media spectrum, digital rights and copyright system.

It's time these giants wake up and move to an Internet like platform.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Half are commercial. Search for (Acura) RDX and see how many dealership commerical comes up. There are many good clips on the internet but 95% of all Youtube video are pure crap that should be deleted after 6 months or something.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
The majority of those uploads are just pure shit people upload about utterly useless content that has nothing to do with anything.

j-g-faustus

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Nice illustration of the information overload: If you watch YouTube videos nonstop without sleep or bathroom breaks, you still miss out on almost 4 years of material every 24 hours.

Which is why you need crowdsourcing, recommendations and whatnot just in order to find the relatively few videos you might be interested in watching, you don't stand a chance finding them on your own.

TV does make it easier: The number of possible choices aren't quite that overwhelming, you already have a fair idea of whether you would like Disney or Discovery Channel, and you know where to find the next episode of Lost or The Daily Show.

I don't think YouTube will outcompete cable TV. But chat, Facebook and Hulu might.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]ubervelt[/nom]The majority of those uploads are just pure shit people upload about utterly useless content that has nothing to do with anything.[/citation]

Well that's the beauty of the internet!

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
youtube is no different from the web or TV. I'm not interested in 99% of what's on any of them. I love youtube because it's allowed me to see things that don't get on TV, RC flying, close harmony vocal jazz, motorcycle skill videos, Hilary Hahn, Jeff Dunham, Connie Talbot, Sungha Jung, Narciso Yepes and on it goes. I'll probably watch TV again the next time somebody lands on the moon.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
[citation][nom]kencolestud69[/nom]I wonder what the hard drive capacity is for Youtube's servers?[/citation]

One googleplex?

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]And some of it is in 1080p, why you need that resolution to watch some kid swing a stick in his yard, I'll never know[/citation]

Why would anyone want to watch some kid swing a stick in his yard at any resolution?

thlillyr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hey I vote toms takes a tour of youtubes data center and describe what kind of storage solution a site like that uses. ANd then give instruction on how to do it yourself. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.