$280 Goggles Play Movies via SD Card Reader

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demosthenes81

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
they also have this pair widescreen is better
# Virtual Screen Size: 50inch at 7' virtual distance
# Screen Resolution: 432*240, Screen Ratio: 16:9
# Firmware upgradable, 8 Desktop pictures selectable
# Color Depth: 24 bit
# Audio output Stereo
# Viewing Angle: 26°Diagonal
# Audio Distortion: 0.03%
# USB2.0 High speed data transfer, 4MB/S
# Operation ambient Temp -5C-+40 C
# Power Duration: 2-3 hrs.
# Power Consumption: 0.9W
# Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
# Sample Rate: 8-16Khz, SNR >85db
# Power Supply: DC 3.7V/500mAh, AC: 110-240V
# Video Format: RM/RMVB/Mpeg/AVI/FLV
# Music Format: MP3, WMA, Flac and APE; Music Feature: Diversified folders, playlists, edit.
# Ebook feature: Bookmark, Page jump, Txt Color, Txt Size,Browse Mode, Auto-paging, Reading
# Picture format: Jpeg, BMP, GIF, feature: Rotate, Zoom, Slides, Auto-browse.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
What's with all the stupid people and 3D? Hey, I know something awesome in 3D - it's called reality! And no, 3D glasses don't make things on the screen look three-dimensional but idiots haven't figured it out yet. I'm sick of reading about 3D almost as much as I'm sick of reading about the iPad.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
As for these goggles, they're certainly a step in the right direction. I'm waiting for wearable displays to replace screens and input interfaces (via motion recognition) so we can do away with touch screens, physical keyboards, mice and other 20th century junk. Imagine having a full featured workstation wherever you go that renders controls and displays in the air in front of you... heaven!

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
I went to see avatar in 3D with the goggles and stuff, my head almost exploded like 10 times during the movie, I'm aware that this is a complete different thing.
But came on.. directly into your eyes!? CAN'T be any good.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]As for these goggles, they're certainly a step in the right direction. I'm waiting for wearable displays to replace screens and input interfaces (via motion recognition) so we can do away with touch screens, physical keyboards, mice and other 20th century junk. Imagine having a full featured workstation wherever you go that renders controls and displays in the air in front of you... heaven![/citation]

I sure hope it will be in 3D!

herniter

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Yawn, nothing to see here short battery life, no HD, no wide screen. May as well watch movies on your PSP or iPhone.

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
The question is, what resolution is needed at that distance. With regular TVs and screens, the closer you get the more DPI you need to make it seem smooth. These are pretty close to your eyes - so I imagine you will need a very dense DPI to catch on. As soon as we get a wireless spec that can handle video streams without microwaves trashing them we can actually use these instead of screens.

smleth

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
On their site they have soon to be released Wide Screen and 3d is 2 higher end units. I could care less about the 3D, but the wide screen is higher res (Still no HD). I think this would be a nice thing to have when my wife is watching her stupid shows.

smleth

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]martin0642[/nom]so I imagine you will need a very dense DPI to catch on[/citation]

It has a much more dense DPI than any screen you have probably ever seen. I mean think about it, the screen is no more than 1" and has 320 pixels x 240 pixels. I mean dang my phone has a 4" screen and is only 800 x 480.

wavetrex

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Future OLED will have smaller pixels, and better contrast.

I imagine that in 2-3 years time DVD resolution (720x400) will be possible on 1", which is very-very good quality. You don't need HD on a portable device !

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]3D glasses don't make things on the screen look three-dimensional but idiots haven't figured it out yet.[/citation]
If you don't get it then just stop reading about it. :p

mohjong

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I think I'll stick with the $100 Myvu Crystal. When will they understand that it's all about the resolution. I must've look like Gilbert Gottfried everytime I use one of these things. I mean even at 640x480 the texts still virtually unreadable in most games and movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.