3.5mm cable TV problem

bwhite

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
]Hello guys, here's my issue. I have a 3.5mm headphone extension cable which I want to connect to the TV and a 2-headphone adapter to be able to use 2 headphones at the same time. The problem is that when connected to the TV it will work, but altogether: so you can hear the sound coming from the TV, and the headphones, instead of the headphones alone. I tried with the computer and it works perfectly.

The other issue is that I am unable to control the volume with the TV remote control. I just want to watch a movie with my partner using two headphones and to be able to control the volume with the TV remote control since the computer is too far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Greetings.

Solution
1. You can usually turn off the TV speakers in the TV menu system.
2. You might be able to change the headphone out to variable in the same audio menu of the TV.
3. Wireless headphones will have their own volume control so adding a bluetooth transmitter that pairs with 2 devices will work and eliminate the wiring too.
1. You can usually turn off the TV speakers in the TV menu system.
2. You might be able to change the headphone out to variable in the same audio menu of the TV.
3. Wireless headphones will have their own volume control so adding a bluetooth transmitter that pairs with 2 devices will work and eliminate the wiring too.

Solution