3.5mm digital output

May 23, 2018
hi

i have a cable of digital audio output from TV that is coming to 3.5mm and obviously the 3.5mm is optical with a laser beam
what kind of headphones i need to buy or how should i proceed further ?
the cable i bought it without knowing that you need a converter and mow i have a end of 3.5mm optical

You are going to need a DAC/headphone amp with an optical input. You can't use just a DAC since it doesn't have a headphone amp or volume control. The optical output is fixed so the TV remote won't adjust headphone volume. If you wanted to use bluetooth headphones then a DAC plus BT transmitter will work fine. Make sure that you can set the TV audio type to PCM stereo since many DACs will not accept 5,1 bitstream audio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 11
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
1 Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Jonas P Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 9
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 7
Similar threads
Solved! I want to use a wireless headset for my TV with only a "digital audio output" available to use. What should I get?
I connected the HDMI output of a HD digital set up box via HDMI/DVI adapter to the DVI input of a Samsung monitor to watch TV.
My TV has a digital audio out but my home theatre system has only avi output
TV connected to AVR with digital audio output
Output 2 channel audio analog to 5.1 digital home theatre
Digital audio output help !
Chatter on Netflix when using digital Audio output on Samsung Smart TV
coax input to HDMI output
Lg 49lj510m doesn’t have optical digital output port and connecting to older receiver via audio ports on tv to receiver no l
SNES Antenna output to digital input conversion
? On OPTICAL (DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT) Port-Size On VIERA TC-P65VT30 HDTV
Im playing movie from hdmi using WD device, i want to use my LG surround as output audio. Please help.
tv digital coax output to bluetooth adapter not giving any audio
How can I convert the digital coaxial cable input to an HDMI output so that I do not have to rent another cable box for my new
if I set up: TV digital coaxil output to soundbar, can I still use the TV headphone 3.5m jack,
digital audio( optical) output
How to get 5.1 output from 2.1 digital output sony tv
How to set Digital Audio output to PCM for Panasonic TV TH-42AS630D ?
does samsung ua32eh5000rlxl have an digital optical output or HDMI out or analog stereo RCA out to use in home theater system
5.1 simulated sound from 2.1 digital optical output

ASK THE COMMUNITY