3-Fold Laptop Promises Good Display Ergonomics

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

One flaw:
To close the laptop, the LCD screen will be glass side up, leaving it vulnerable to breaking.

Kira1188

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]One flaw:To close the laptop, the LCD screen will be glass side up, leaving it vulnerable to breaking.[/citation]

It actually looks like it the weird hinge contraption folds over itself to let you close it normally. But, its really not that clear... And its and concept anyways. I think it looks pretty cool.

3dsmaxusr01

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]One flaw:To close the laptop, the LCD screen will be glass side up, leaving it vulnerable to breaking.[/citation]

The diagram shows the lcd closing face down. When opened, you slide the screen up to use the second hinge.

Azriel4444

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
[citation][nom]kingssman[/nom]wow... a portable imac?[/citation]

LOL Very much like something Apple would do. I would never buy it. In order to make it strong enough to be durable, it will end up weighing way more. Weighs a ton, but portable... sounds like my desktop.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
It does look like something apple might do. the style is similar.
I like it though if theres good hardware inside and a decent price then i'd be happy to get one.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
That's a concept I could really see working. The engineering and construction have to be robust for the system to work without loosing up over time, but it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.