3 MegaPixel Camera

TokranePo

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
I have a friend who wants to buy "an Olympus" 3-Megapixel camera. She asked me to find out whether the company Olympus is the best choice or not. Any ideas or comments?

The more you know, the more you know that you know less than you thought you knew when you knew less than you now know

OldBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Olympus/" target="_new"><b>Here</b> </A> is a great place for all the info on digital cameras.
Also has owner reviews.

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
:smile: <font color=red>I am the Harley Bear. :smile:

TokranePo

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
O, so we are buying her a Cannon A300, anyone have any reason why this is a bad idea [$180, she doesn't want an optical zoom]

The more you know, the more you know that you know less than you thought you knew when you knew less than you now know

OldBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
I think it would be a good choice. It takes decent pictures and easy to use.
Canon is a great brand also.

The photographer makes a camera good. :smile:

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
:smile: <font color=red>I am the Harley Bear. :smile:

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I have a Olympus C2040, works excellent, it has very sharp images for a 2.1mp camera. I'd highly recommend olympus. I'd suggest the Stylus 300 or 400. (one's 3.0mp and one's 4.0mp). I'd also suggest looking at Canon, their A 70 and elph series are very good. I personally just got a Fuji F401 for 200 bucks at ritz camera. Everywhere else selling it for 300 or more online. My local computer store has it for 400. www.ritzcamera.com

VChuck

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
Hey,thanks for the link. I was interested in the same digital cameras, Olympus, or the Canon 3.2megapixels.I was interested in the Olympus because of the optical zoom.(10x)

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
I just got an olypus mju 400, its a 4 megapixel camera but the mju 300 is the same with 3.2 megapixel.

It works just fine, I really like the small size and solid casing and the pics are fine even when it can't find the right lighting or focus (due to lack of contrast or light, which results in lack of contrast)

If all else fails: Read The Manual

chabotd

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2003
Besides the default top manufacturers, Cannon, Olympus, Sony, you ought to consider Pentax. Now you probably will not find this brand on your typical Best Buy shelf, but this company has been around for a long time and I swear by them. I own a Pentax Optio 555, a 5Mpix unit, a bit more than you've been looking for. But this unit is worth every extra penny over the units discussed in this thread.

Nice attributes: tiny, 5x optical!!!, MMC/SD memory (best memory format), best battery life of any camera out there, incredible pictures.

I've owned this camera for some time. I've used friends' Olympus, Sony and Cannon equivelants side by side on many occasions. No comparision...

Check it out....

dc