3 New Netbooks: 1 HP and 2 Samsungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Thanks for continuing to harp about glossy plastics and displays (and giving positive feedback to models that offer matte), but I think few will agree that "[1024 x 600 pixels] is good for a display this size".

G

@dupaman: I agree!
I was very pleased with my Asus EeePC 1000H, but constantly ran into pop-ups and apps that simply don't fit (even default Windows pop-ups), so i very quickly got rid of it again.
The display resolution of netbooks needs to be at least 1280x800 before i even begin to think about buying myself another one.
Or the Sony VAIO TT needs to drop seriously in price. It's a little bigger (13") but has everything i expect from every subnote/netbook manufacturer these days. (and why isn't Bluetooth a default on ALL net/notebooks nowadays..)

G

Confused:
Specs for Samsung n140 claim it has the 280, not the 270 processor.
Colors: Amazon.com carries only burgundy and blue lid colors for the n140, yet this review claims the machine is available in black and white. Some reviews out there [the Samsung Forum for the N140, U.S. model] claim the U.S. 140 does NOT have blue tooth.
So:
processor speed- which is it?
colors available- what are they?
blue tooth- yes or no?
Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.

G

This model has an LED backlit panel, not TFT backlit.. that is def. a huge plus

G

I have this net book and believe it is excellent you neglected to comment that it also comes with easy access bluetooth a 5in 1 card reader which is as far as im aware unusual and many other features to allow connectivity personally I think this is a very good travel work station it encompasses everything you need for transfer of data and is small enough and light enough for train use etc I have found this netbook to be the most enjoyable i have used althought i would agree on the sound quality i thin it has been designed very well with the battery acting as an upstand allowing better cooling and a much improved typing position.

Status
Not open for further replies.