News 3 reasons to buy the Meta Quest 3 — and 1 big reason to skip

Oct 2, 2023
So I should skip the Meta Quest 3 "VR" headset because you feel there weren't enough "MR" material when being demoed. It's like I'm not going to buy this luxury SUV (Quest3) even though it has off road mode (pass-through) there aren't enough places to take it off road because it doesn't come with off road tires (mixed reality). 🤔

Reactions: Gavin Dawson
Oct 3, 2023
So I should skip the Meta Quest 3 "VR" headset because you feel there weren't enough "MR" material when being demoed. It's like I'm not going to buy this luxury SUV (Quest3) even though it has off road mode (pass-through) there aren't enough places to take it off road because it doesn't come with off road tires (mixed reality). 🤔
Yep I 100% agree. It’s also the assumption that vr enthusiasts and casuals alike are solely in the market for MR, which is completely wrong. Myself and many others simply appreciate the optic and performance upgrades, while the MR is just a nice extra. I don’t think anyone is looking at this as solely a MR device, and definitely is not completely with the vision pro🤣 Two VERY different use cases, MR here is for recreational entertainment where Vision Pro is for solely productivity and luxury.