38 Infinity Ward Employees Band to Sue Activision

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebb

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I have a feeling that this sort of activity is more common than we might be lead to believe. It may be that the success of Activision's most recent title is whats causing the media stir. I wonder if companies like Ubisoft, EA, or Bethesda have similar skeletons to share.

G

Wow, it is getting very interesting. The only thing that would make this even better is if we get news that former IW employees team up with DICE and they make a Battlefield/Modern Warfare game... MAKE IT HAPPEN EA!!!!!

kriswitak

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I'm officially now in my lawn chair with the popcorn. I'll be over *there* while this thing plays out. Anyone care to join me?

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]kriswitak[/nom]I'm officially now in my lawn chair with the popcorn. I'll be over *there* while this thing plays out. Anyone care to join me?[/citation]

I'll bring the beer.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]kyzar[/nom]This is so childish its beyond belief...[/citation]

Are you crazy, that PoS made 1B$. Id want to take the money and run to.

They killed the franchise with MW2 so there is no point in staying at IW for them.

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
38 people suing and they believe the action is 'without merit'. Common sense tells me that when 38 people all say the same thing, there's a shitload of merit going around.

woundeddog

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
kriswitak :

I'm officially now in my lawn chair with the popcorn. I'll be over *there* while this thing plays out. Anyone care to join me?

I'll bring the beer.

I'll bring the 3D glasses

G

This is why I've never bought activision games. Well besides mw1 that was the only exception. Activision just sounds too generic.

If they have written proof of a promised bonus $value or a %sales then i'm sure activision will be eating its words. I have no doubt whatsoever that they would hold something above the employees' heads to make them obedient. If they actually gave a d* in the first place they wouldn't be in this mess.

GO IWEG!

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Let's hope this forces the game industry uphill a bit. I felt a bit of a stall in the past 3 years. Nothing but rehashes and overhyped games that people go stupid over.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Mikeadelic[/nom]38 people suing and they believe the action is 'without merit'. Common sense tells me that when 38 people all say the same thing, there's a shitload of merit going around.[/citation]
Not to mention, it becomes rather difficult at this point to believe things Activision has had to say about not doing anything wrong. Those that have left IW, took a mighty big gamble leaving a career behind in a questionable economic time when companies are selling out or putting projects/employees on the chopping block - they obviously had very good reasons.....

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]mrossco[/nom]This happens all the time. Enter EA/DICE/Trauma Studios. Who has the power? The bigger fish does.[/citation]

EXACTLY... I'm glad someone else is mentioning this. The big studios have been shafting development teams for over a decade. No sleep, no pay, no bonuses... essentially slave labor... it's been a common theme for a long time. It's about damn time a paradigm shift has happened in the game development world.

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Because Activision did this they ruined their chance of having a decent release for mw3. :( Hopefully Respawn Entertainment (or whatever the new formed company is called) will release a mw2 (or mw3 by that time) killer that is amazing and supports their online community!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.