3D Printed Pizza: Print Your Dinner with Foodini

Status
Not open for further replies.

neieus

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
With all this 3D printer stuff going around it makes me wonder if we will one day have Star Trek like replicators. You may be laughing at me now but just think someone somewhere thought 3D printing would be a fantasy :).

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
"so maker/bakers will have to move their creations to an oven before the printings are ready to eat."

Cannot understand...

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
"Pretty pricey for a time saving device", is exactly what I was thinking. I know that this device and future 3-D printing devices will develop into something better, but as of right now...I think this is useless. Its nifty that it can make a few treats, and even ravioli...but I honestly think I would find myself wasting more time making creations out of this thing. Also note that they said "one ingredient at a time". This makes me want to wait a few years once they have developed more, because that adds more petty time to the process. Look at the process of it making ravioli. Sorry, but I'm not waiting for over 50 raviolis to be created. Like shafe88 said...basically a cheap pastry bag and two hands can do the same thing.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
"Pretty pricey for a time saving device", is exactly what I was thinking. I know that this device and future 3-D printing devices will develop into something better, but as of right now...I think this is useless. Its nifty that it can make a few treats, and even ravioli...but I honestly think I would find myself wasting more time making creations out of this thing. Also note that they said "one ingredient at a time". This makes me want to wait a few years once they have developed more, because that adds more petty time to the process. Look at the process of it making ravioli. Sorry, but I'm not waiting for over 50 raviolis to be created. Like shafe88 said...basically a cheap pastry bag and two hands can do the same thing.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
3-D printing will soon become cheaper as more and more people adopt it since it is extremely useful for people to create spare or replacement parts for just about anything such as furniture, toys, utensils, etc. Jay Leno has one to print out parts for old classic cars that are no longer made.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
@neieus it is one step closer to an actual replicator. Look at the original communicator, that became the model for our flip phones, UCLA-Berkley has a working Tricorder like device that's portable, it uses ultra sound, and cant diagnose illnesses but it's similar. Look at the design of the Commodore PET doesn't it look similar to the computer used in Star Trek TOS? How about Data Pads and Tablets? A lot of our modern gadgets and tech we take for granted was once considered only as a work of fiction. Now if they could combine this version of the 3D food printer with say an easy bake oven that would be cool!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
This is not a 3D printer in my opinion. They are just taking a popular catch phrase and mis-applying it. For example I could create a simple wooden ramp and then scoop up some ice-cream and put it in the "hopper" at the top of the ramp and then let the ice cream roll down the ramp and into my bowl. Does this make my ramp some kind of 3D Ice Cream Sunday printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.