3dmark 06

zenmasta

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Hello guys, I need some help with 3DMark 06.
I've been trying to benchmark my computer after replacing the motherboard.

Here's the scenario

Original build I got bad scores because the mobo didn't put out enough wattage for the CPU.

I replaced the mobo (without reinstalling) and ran some bench marks again. I got slightly better scores but nothing like I should have got.

SO I tried a repair install and got similare results.

I decided to bite the bullet and run a complete reinstall/format of windows xp. All that is installed now is the OS (drivers of course) and 3DMark 06.

The problem I am experiencing is that the program will not launch. In the task manager it uses 50% cpu forever. Literally I have left the computer alone for about a half hour or longer and it still says 50%ish cpu usage and nothing has happened.

If I edit the 3DMark shortcut and add -nosysteminfo the program will launch and I can *seamingly* run the tests fine. BUT I can't submit them, it says submission failure.

Before I reformatted I was able to submit results just fine and launch the program without the -nosysteminfo command.

I really need to get a benchmark to determin if I still have a mobo or cpu issue. Willing to try other ideas...I have tried saving the results and submitting them with other computers with no luck so I believe the results it is saving are corrupt or something.

Help! :(

zenmasta

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
P.S. I only have about 15 days to figure this out because I only have a short window of time to return the mobo for a full refund. But I want to make every effort to get the benchmarks before I do. (dont' know why it wouldn't let me edit the message, it's only been a minute since I posted)

zenmasta

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Even though this is a clean install of winxp and 3dmark is the only installed, yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled with a reboot inbetween each action.

4Ryan6

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
The only 3DMark06 problems I've encountered was because I was overclocking and had not achieved a stable OC, you haven't mentioned whether or not you're OCing your machine.

Even if you are not OCing your computer, you may need to run a memory diagnostic test you can acquire here>http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp.

And it is a good idea to manually set your memory timings and M/B memory slot voltage in your BIOS setup to the memory specs from your memory manufacturers website.