4 ports 5.1?

sexybeast5544

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hello I am useing my grandpas old LG surround sound system(only like 6 years old maybe) and I have a smalll Issue. On the Reciver there is 4 ports with +/- and they are center,bass,FrontL,FrontR but the thing is there are 2 Rear speakers that go with it as well, I am wondering If I am supposed to plug them into the Front Left and Right and then the speakers will hopefully eq themselves so that they don't just mimic the front speakers? let me know if that's stupid or what else I should be doing, Thanks!

Solution
Since the LG is labeled "wireless" on the back. Since the three front speakers and sub are wired I would assume that the rear speakers connect without wires. The owners manual would explain how to use them. They would either be active speakers with the wireless receiver built in or there would be a separate receiver amp that the speakers would connect to with speaker wire.
You could not just use regular passive speakers and connect them to the front speaker terminals. It would not give you surround sound and might damage the amp.
You could connect the PC with HDMI or if it has a digital audio output the HTS has coax and optical digital inputs. The analog audio outs of the PC would best your worst choice.
If you use a TV rather than a...

sexybeast5544

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

But the input at the bottom of the speaker only takes speaker cable.

Since the LG is labeled "wireless" on the back. Since the three front speakers and sub are wired I would assume that the rear speakers connect without wires. The owners manual would explain how to use them. They would either be active speakers with the wireless receiver built in or there would be a separate receiver amp that the speakers would connect to with speaker wire.
You could not just use regular passive speakers and connect them to the front speaker terminals. It would not give you surround sound and might damage the amp.
You could connect the PC with HDMI or if it has a digital audio output the HTS has coax and optical digital inputs. The analog audio outs of the PC would best your worst choice.
If you use a TV rather than a monitor you could run the PC via HDMI to the TV and connect the TV digital audio out to the TV to the HTS. That would give you surround sound from all the sources connected to the TV.

Solution