40 Billionaires Pledge Away Half Their Wealth

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wolves become lambs when they see the torches and pitchforks.

I am a 63 year old entrepreneur who has lived near and around the rich and famous all my life - from the wealthy suburbs of Chicago, to Aspen, Telluride and Southern California.

The super rich share a few common traits - a singular, ruthless desire to separate the rest of us from our property - an indefatigable quest to eliminate competition - and a talent to cultivate public subsidy for their obsessions.

In an nutshell - behind every great fortune - there are greater crimes against the groups they prey upon.

Then there are their kids, who suffer an assortment of personal maladies, including, but not confined to the inability to quantify their own worth beyond accidental birth.

Again.. I've lived among the rich pretty much all my life. Although inherited wealth appears to be its own punishment - the butchers and thieves who accumulate these fortunes are pretty much the same throughout history. They are supreme scammers - savvy enough to know when to start confessing that it's 'time to give back'.

It's not that the rest of us are lazy or common. The robber barons throughout history are driven to conquest - so damaged in their personhood - that while the rest of us work, pray, love and smell our roses, the royals and wolves plot how to increase their market share.

When the starving peasantry left the French countryside for the palaces of the Loire they had blood in their eyes. Enough was enough... then as now.

G

why not just help people asking for help half the time charities do not really put money out to help the people that really need it. here is the kind of charity you need my mother lives in and old house that is falling off it foundation she lives on 700 dollars a month she does not have money enough to pay bills buy groceries pay for meds and just live. i help all i can but was injured on the job disability does not pay what my job did which has put me behind and scraping just to live

HeadScratcher7

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
If all these billionaires are so generous, then why didn't they reduce their salaries and bonuses as CEO's and such in the first place and instead raise the wages of all their employees by $2 or $3 per hour and share the wealth with all the workers that helped make it happen?

It's as if they are using the wealth as some sort of obscene score card - "Oh, you only have one private jet? I have two."

Admittedly, I imagine most of that wealth is invested in buying up ever more stuff: companies, land, etc. and isn't in liquid assets.

Through out history, when the gap between the Have's and the Have-nots becomes too great the system has a way of correcting itself -usually in catastrophic fashion. Let us hope this trend in giving back continues and spreads and lessens the gap.

Better yet, I'd rather they use the wealth to lean on our politicians to make reforms that stop other companies from buying them off. Better lobbyist reform. Laws that eliminate wasteful perks and open up all markets to more competition. Laws that stop companies from patenting and buying up technologies only to sit on them to protect the status quo.

G

I am a caregiver. My family's money is running out. I have been trying to find at-home work. I don't have a car that runs anymore, so I can't get a job unless I take my sister's car., and I really can't leave my mother and sister alone.I am so tired of praying that I can have money to take care of my family, so they don't have to give me money for my bills...Can I get a piece of the pie? I REALLY need some HELP!!!!

G

If there is a billionaire out there willing to help me in any way please contact me via email on spidey_4_lyf@hotmail.com Please i want billionaires only. I need help i am asking out of honesty. Thank you.

G

Average family looking for extra help. We have a house, two sons, a cat & dog and are living comfortably. I am almost 50 and getting scared. After paying for house bills and education, there is nothing left for a pension plan. You can't bank money you don't have. Like a lot of people, this is reality. If any one can help with $100,000 to deposit into a pension fund it would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail spunki@rogers.com
I know this sounds presumptuous but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.