Question 40% PC Battery Suddenly Runs Out in 1 minute.

May 26, 2022
My PC baterry 1 minute ago was 40% then it suddenly locked itself. Upon pressing the start button it did not start but when i plugged in the charger and started it and checked the baterry it was 0%. Like how did it suddenly go from 40% to 0% in 1 minute. Im pretty sure it was 40% and battery saver wasn't even on. My friends recently installed some games on my PC and firewall blocks some of that game's feature ( I did not Allow Acess ). So Kindly tell what should I do. I did full system scan but it showed no malware even the specific apps and games that i suspect. Please suggest what should I do becuase I am tired of 40%+ baterry running out in 1 minute and showing 0% while starting. Is it malware?. Please respond as soon as possible. 🙏🙏

Reactions: Benjonas9385
May 26, 2022
What is your usage habit with the battery? Is it left in all the time? Do you use a dock?

Typically this bad battery behaviour is caused by bad charging behavior. You want to fully discharge a battery before plugging it back in.
Yeah its mostly plugged in while im using it (even if 100% baterry) though i plug it out when not using the laptop
My habit with the baterry usage daily is 5-7 hours. No it is not left in all time. I use dock for my mouse (wireless)

May 23, 2022
My PC baterry 1 minute ago was 40% then it suddenly locked itself. Upon pressing the start button it did not start but when i plugged in the charger and started it and checked the baterry it was 0%. Like how did it suddenly go from 40% to 0% in 1 minute. Im pretty sure it was 40% and battery saver wasn't even on. My friends recently installed some games on my PC and firewall blocks some of that game's feature ( I did not Allow Acess ). So Kindly tell what should I do. I did full system scan but it showed no malware even the specific apps and games that i suspect. Please suggest what should I do becuase I am tired of 40%+ baterry running out in 1 minute and showing 0% while starting. Is it malware?. Please respond as soon as possible. 🙏🙏

How old your battery is and how many cells does it have. ?

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Many laptop batteries consist of 4 to 6 major cells.

Not anymore. Most laptops from about 2016 to today have started going from 18650 cells to lithium polymer pouches. Older laptops go from anywhere from 4 to 10 18650 cells

I have personally taken apart many laptop batteries for the 18650 cells and I can tell you right now that op's laptop does not use 18650s unless it's extremely low end as 18650s are significantly cheaper than lipo pouches.

Even Chromebooks from 2013 use lipo pouches. HP stopped using 18650s starting with their zbook G3 model and Dell started switching over to lipo pouches around the same time.

My Dell Inspiron 15 gaming 7567 used lipo patches as well and it is from 2016/17.

So unless someone is buying the absolute cheapest laptop they can get, chances are that it uses lipo pouches.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Not all batteries support calibration and that's definitely not how you do it. battery calibration is usually done by specially designed software from the manufacturer and not from some random stuff in Windows.

rHjld5a.png