$400 Black Friday Walmart Laptop - Worth It?

qwertycopter

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
This is supposedly a leaked deal at Wal-Mart for a $398 laptop for just one week in November. Check out the specs here:

http://bfads.net/#news16

For that price, do you think this is a good deal? I've been thinking about getting a laptop for awhile and this seems like a really good buy. I just want to hear opinions about this deal. I know it's not an amazing laptop (def not for gaming!). I'm just so tempted if it will really be that price....

Here's a very similar one on newegg, for considerably more. The only difference I can see is 20GB more HDD space, the Turion64 at 1.6Ghz, and Windows Home rather than Media Center Edition.

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
Not a bad deal, aslong as you're one of those first 15 people. I seem to remember CompUSA having some rediculous sale like this recently also.."leaked".. I also remember walmart doing this last year too, except on black friday itself with a sempron notebook. I imagine it saves around 50 to 100 bones if you're one of the "lucky" few. IMO I wouldn't buy a Compaq though, especially a discount one. :wink:

qwertycopter

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Well no one likes compaq because of their name. But if the components are good.. well? When I worked at HP their business-grade laptops were pretty nice. I wonder how their consumer-grade products stand up.

15 per store, is that what that means? Why is the sale for a week!?