Status
Not open for further replies.

yellhunter

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
I bought a new laptop (Acer Predator 15) and I'm wanting to sell my previous one. I'll list the specs below. I'm curious how much this is actually worth and if it's even worth selling. If you find the time, could you please give me a suggested resale price for Ebay or somewhere similar. Also, if this should not be either on this thread or this forum, feel free to remove it or ask me to remove it. Thanks! - Hunter

Original purchase price: $1247.99 + tax ( I know, I over-payed. A lot. I've since learned better..)

Alienware 14
Model: P39G
Date made: May 10th, 2014
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce GT 750M - 2GB GDDR5 / Intel HD Graphics 4600 (CPU)
Cpu: Intel Core i5-4210M @ 2.60 GHz
Screen: 14"
Resolution: 1366x768
Memory: 8 GB
HDD: 500GB
SSD: None

Original box in near perfect condition containing all of the original papers plus CDs, including the OS CD.

Laptop in near perfect condition. Slight signs of use, including very faint, almost unnoticeable, scratches. Has original Windows and Intel product stickers.

P.S. I realize Alienware, especially purchased from Dell, is severely overpriced and I am aware that I will probably not get anywhere close to the original purchase price. I'd honestly estimate about $450. But I'd still like some other opinions regarding the price and whether or not it'd even be worth selling, versus having a scrap laptop laying around for whatever purpose.

Solution
You should be able to sell it for $450, they are listed at $600 on ebay for many of them, probably won't sell for that, but that is the listing prices. There is one listed at $450 for parts, so a good working one should sell for that easily.

You should be able to sell it for $450, they are listed at $600 on ebay for many of them, probably won't sell for that, but that is the listing prices. There is one listed at $450 for parts, so a good working one should sell for that easily.

Solution

yellhunter

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Still not sure if I'd like to sell or keep, but I appreciate you reassuring me of the price I had anticipated. If I do sell. I think it'll be for around $500-$550. Less likely to sell for that, but I think it's a healthy medium between wanting to sell it and keep it. And, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.