jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
That is more of a choice based on what type of contnent you watch, what your room is like, and personal preference!
Each has thier individual strengths

LCD:
LCD in general does better in brightly lit rooms with direct sunlight (Varies by model) due to the matte screens they have. LCD also has a fairly bright image. LED backlit models are very low power consumption.

Plasma:
Plasma is the display choice for move fans. They offer very very deep blacks, and the color is extremely accurate. Plasma does not have refresh issues that cheaper LCDs do. Plasma has issues in very bright rooms, as they have a sheet of glass on the front of the panel.

Here is a far more detailed explanation, and help chosing!

http://www.hometheater.com/content/how-choose-flat-panel-hdtvs

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

Definitely go for a LED if your going 42" or smaller. I only recommend plasmas for tvs 55" and above but thats me. 42" plasma is a little small. I recommend you get a LED from LG or Sony. Since the better ones come equipped with 3D as a standard feature, choose between passive-lg and active-sony.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I agree with trepxe, plasma is good if you want 55" or bigger. Plasma is also better if you like watching in a dark environment. In my case, I watch a lot during daytime. My smart 3d tv is lcd-led and I got mine from lg.

TRENDING THREADS