eliaseverett30

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I would like to know if buying a sound card would allow me to have 5.1 audio? I use to have an asus realteak mother board. About 2 years ago i had to get a new motherboard so i got a great deal on a GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper Z97 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 but for what ever reason i can't get 5.1 audio anymore i used to with my previous mother board. It forces me to use sound blaster audio in the device options hd audio manager won't pop up when i install and id i uninstall sound blaster it just reinstalls it self. So would buying a sound blaster sound card fix my issue?

Solution

No problems at all.
Well maybe just one. It doesn't say that the card has SUPER BRIGHT red LED's.
I took it apart and wrapped black tape around 90% of the bulbs so it wasn't as bright.
3XEc2fD.jpg

I got new speakers a month before the Sound Blaster, so I had to fix the 5.1 problem.
As soon as I listened to it the sound quality was much cleaner.

sizzling

Distinguished
I doubt a new soundcard would help or at least not guaranteed. As above seems like a driver issue. When you changed motherboard did you reinstall Windows, if not then start with this as its strongly recommended after any motherboard change as it can lead to lots of different issues.

eliaseverett30

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Alexiou
"The board does not use Realtek, but Creative.
Try the driver from http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_a..."

I have that installed and have uninstalled and reinstalled creative the problem i have creative is 5.1 doesn't work through digital output. I all speakers will produce sound but the front speakers play when the back should. So i was curious if a sound card would fix that.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
IF you decide to get a new sound card, I suggest a Sound Blaster Z. about $100.
My Realtek audio started having 5.1 problems too.
I just wanted a replacement, but I can't afford true audiophile quality, so I got a slightly better card.

It sounds way better than the Realtek audio, but the best thing about it is the software suite.

eliaseverett30

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Well the back speakers dont play at all. The front speakers play left, right, and center correctly but when it goes to play back right it goes in the front right back left plays in front left. It only does do on my pc no other device has that issue.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

No problems at all.
Well maybe just one. It doesn't say that the card has SUPER BRIGHT red LED's.
I took it apart and wrapped black tape around 90% of the bulbs so it wasn't as bright.
3XEc2fD.jpg

I got new speakers a month before the Sound Blaster, so I had to fix the 5.1 problem.
As soon as I listened to it the sound quality was much cleaner.

Solution