5.1 Channel not working on Asus Strix Z270E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2018
I have Asus Strix Z270E Motherboard with SupremeFX, now the thing here is that my 5.1 surround system is playing in realtek sound manager, all the cables (Black,orange,green) are plugged on the motherboard fine, but the 5.1 is not working in media players and games. Only 2.1 is playing :( :kaola: :??:
How to fix this?
Here's the link to the screenshots:
open

open
open

Apr 10, 2018

Previously when i played wwe 2k15 the 5.1 seemed to work but now on that even 2.1 is functioning, apart from that i just changed to 5.1 in csgo just now, and 4 speakers seems to work now (front left,front right and rear left rear right) the center one is not working; the main thing is that none of the media player are playing 5.1 (vlc,windows)

boju

Distinguished
If all speakers are working, as in each channel is heard in both Windows and Realtek tests then there's nothing wrong.

Your games should be working but vlc/media player require the content itself to include 5.1.

Apr 10, 2018

What you are saying is appropriate, but on my old pc; i used to plug in the three jacks (blue,red,green; the old mb never had orange and black jack) and then configure them through realtek audio, and all the speakers used to play fine, regardless of the content..
Plus if you are talking about content then tell me where to get 5.1 channel mp3, and let me try out that as well on vlc;
Sorry for the late reply

Apr 10, 2018

What i mean to say is they i put the wires into the jack and reconfigured their functionality, i.e using three of them as
Green: for front left & right
(Blue: for rear left & right
Pink: for center speaker & sub woofer
or vice versa)
this can be done through realtek sound manager

boju

Distinguished

Any TV/Movies streaming service should provide surround content and also DVDs and Blurays. As for Mp3, DVIs or any other formats, if you're not paying it's an illegal download. Either stream or download from legitimate source for content that is properly done to include surround like the digital version of the TV or Movie sometimes offered to you via leaflet inside the casing or media service like Google play.

Now you've re-tasked jacks that are mm's away from the ones that are originally suited for, why have you done that? Aren't the usual black and orange working? Pink is usually for Mic so if you're having trouble in games this kind of makes sense. Even though Realtek can re-task jacks, how reliable is it? Is Supreme FX interfering? Don't know. Uninstall it as suggested or if theres nothing wrong with the jacks you've assigned from perhaps use those as originally intended.

Apr 10, 2018

Tried, but still the same; went to playback devices and configured the speakers to 5.1 as well, in the testing part all emit sound, but still only two working windows media player and vlc

Apr 10, 2018

First of all, i tried playing youtube on chrome and searched for 5.1 test as well in there; but still only two are playing;

Secondly, buddy you haven't read my reply correctly; my previous motherboard was in the context there;
what i meant to say to you was that: regardless of the content, on my old motherboard all the speakers used to play fine, i furthermore added that my old motherboard only had 3 jack viz. pink,blue,green so i had to retask the connectors through realtek audio manager to make my speakers work.....
In my newly bought asus z270e strix;
i have 5 jacks (pink,blue,green,orange,black) and i have plugged the cables fine into green,black and orange jacks respectively..
Now what.......? :(

boju

Distinguished
No you're right they should be playing. In Windows 7 the black jack was actually used as rear's. Having a look at your motherboard for 6 speaker configuration (they describe sub as 6th speaker) in Win8.1 and 10 the blue jack is used for side pairs instead of black / rears.

Im still on Win7 but i had this happen when i trialed Win10 and couldn't get the rears to work using the black jack. My 2600k mobo has grey jack for 7.1 surround but Win10 or Realtek changed it so i had to use grey for 5.1 rear pairs. In your case is gone from black to blue. Were you using an older os (Win7) on your older board?

Just some descriptions regarding options in Sonic studio
https://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1015213

Windows and Realtek Audio manager used in conjunction with Sonic studio, the speaker fill option enables all surround speakers to play stereo sounds.

Also some things on VLC player, https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-set-default-audio-output-to-5-1-surround-sound-in-vlc-player/

VLC you've probably had a look how to set 5.1 for stereo content, similar to virtual prologic. Might need to toggle Float32 output.

So to recap, reinstall all audio software for your motherboard. Use green (front) orange (voice / sub) and blue for side pairs. In the speaker setup make sure side pairs is checked and not rears. Sides are now rears in Win8.1/Win10 for 5.1 setups.

Don't forget to try speaker fill

Apr 10, 2018

You are right about windows 7, yeah on my old motherboard i was on windows 7;
I tried what you said; plugged the black cable into blue jack and then a pop-up came to check the new input;
i selected side pair, but now in the testing part only they are not producing sound;
Apart from that i am not getting any option of "speaker fill" i only have option of
"Swap Center/Subwoofer Output"
I have also done the vlc part, still no luck...
And I didn't get, what you said about float32...

boju

Distinguished
Deliberately made surround music or movies will play properly, we know that.

You're trying to play stereo content across all speakers. Speaker fill option as it describes should hand over signals to all speakers. Do you not have an stereo button on your speaker control unit to play all speakers as stereo?

Status
Not open for further replies.