5.1 home theater to pc ?

Mar 13, 2014
i want to purchase 5.1 home theater for my pc with 1000rms dolby & dts. my budget is 15000 rupees. in philips there are good home theater are available.if i buy any one of that i will able to connect into my pc are not. my motherboard is asus m5a99fx pro r2.0

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
The big trick to having good audio quality on the PC is to have a digital output. Find the home theater receiver that you like, and then use HDMI or optical from your PC to the receiver. A lot of computers have digital output options built in, but if not you can get a sound card with optical output for very cheap.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
What is the model of the Philips DVD player you are looking at? Most do not have an optical input... but some do.
From your first post I thought you were looking to buy a receiver, which is what you would plug your DVD player into, but that is different.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
the HTS6543 and HTD5510 both have optical inputs and should work with your PC just fine with a standard optical cable.

The HTS5530/94 does not have an optical input, but it does have a digital SPDIF input (the copper wired version of optical). You will need to refer to your motherboard manual to make sure that you have a SPDIF output from your normal speaker connectors, it probably does. You would then need a headphone to RCA adapter to hook your computer to your home theater system.... obviously the other two options would be easier to deal with.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
yes, you would be able to control your audio like normal when using optical output. If you want more options than Realtek makes available then look into a product like the sound blaster xfi-MB2 software which would give you more options.

PC 5.1 surround sound speakers are not going to be any better (and often worse) than these 5.1 systems for the price range. Really this is about as good as you can go before moving up to buying a real receiver and separate speakers.

I am sure your motherboard has SPDIF output available... it is just a question of which port it uses for it. Really you want to use optical output anyways.