5.1 Speaker problems on JVC.

Daniel_134

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
Hey guys, my jvc th-a35 has 5 speakers + 1 subwoofer, but only two speakers work, even if I set in realtek "front speaker out" or "rear speaker out" - the only difference is that in the front speaker out the sound is better - .
Okay so the jvc is connected to my PC through a cable to my motherboard which supports up to 7.1, currently connected to blue jack because the green jack supports only "front speaker out" and line out
The realtek settings are set on 5.1, speaker fill is checked, windows's sound settings are also set on 5.1, the environment is set on room.
Also when I click on "surround" button either on the device itself it says "INVALID" on the screen.(jvc's screen).
I can't get it done, I'm stressing for about 6 hours now, searched the whole internet.

Solution
The JVC doesn't have discrete surround sound inputs. You would need an optical output on your PC to get digital surround sound through it.
Connect the front outputs to the JVC aux input. Set the PC for 2 channel output and select a surround sound mode such as Dolby Prologic 2 which will give you some surround sound.
The JVC doesn't have discrete surround sound inputs. You would need an optical output on your PC to get digital surround sound through it.
Connect the front outputs to the JVC aux input. Set the PC for 2 channel output and select a surround sound mode such as Dolby Prologic 2 which will give you some surround sound.

Solution