5.1 speakers connection problem

apjrlmcd

Estimable
Apr 4, 2016
SO guys i got, used x530 logitech speakers, i want to use them on my tv, i only have digital audio out on my tv, my speakers are analog, will they work on my tv, if i order something like this,

http://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Audio-Digital-Decoder-Converter/dp/B00AMC2J1Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_504_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41MaV5dnd6L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0878NS348ADR779KD0BZ,
or like this
http://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Optical-Toslink-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B00ANIIY9I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_504_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41PQ%2B2Ask3L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0878NS348ADR779KD0BZ?

or i need to have amplifier, offcourse i want to have 5.1 sound coming out of speakers!
i also have other tv that has dm800hd connected to her, it has
digital audio out as you can see on picture
http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1zbtnIXXXXXXRXpXXq6xXFXXXQ/2pcs-font-b-DM800-b-font-font-b-hd-b-font-Pro-Tuner-REV-M-Version.jpg
can i combine something with that?

Solution
provided the optical output on the tv is 5.1 not just 2.0 a device like the first link would be your best bet. you will want to double check it can actually do full 5.1 not just upscaling and also that your tv can do 5.1 out of optical as some do not.

generally for 5.1 over optical both devices must support it. if only one device does then no dice and you're stuck with stereo. if you're stuck with stereo though upscaling to 5.1 with pro logic (such as with the first link) might work out for you although its not going to be true 5.1.

logitech pc speakers have an amp built in. you do not want to connect them to an external amplifier
provided the optical output on the tv is 5.1 not just 2.0 a device like the first link would be your best bet. you will want to double check it can actually do full 5.1 not just upscaling and also that your tv can do 5.1 out of optical as some do not.

generally for 5.1 over optical both devices must support it. if only one device does then no dice and you're stuck with stereo. if you're stuck with stereo though upscaling to 5.1 with pro logic (such as with the first link) might work out for you although its not going to be true 5.1.

logitech pc speakers have an amp built in. you do not want to connect them to an external amplifier

Solution

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
The first one is the one you want.

Keep in mind, TV's cannot pass through HDMI audio in 5.1. What that means is the only 5.1 you will get from your TV is if you're using a Digital Antenna, or like a built in Netflix app on the TV. If you have a cable box or blu-ray player that goes to the TV by HDMI and then you want to get 5.1 out of the TV via the TV's optical cable, you will not. You will get 2.0 stereo sound. You would need to plug the optical cable into your Cable box or Blu Ray player and then into the converter you buy.

apjrlmcd

Estimable
Apr 4, 2016
Thanks guys for answers!
So if i cant pass 5.1 audio with hdmi, can i connect dreambox to coverter and then to speakers, and have the sound out of dreambox, because my main use would be on dreambox?
So i need to see does my dreambox and tv have 5.1 outs, if so find converter that also suports 5.1, and then i could connect both tv and dreambox to my speakers through coverter, separately offcourse, do you guys have any suggestion for converter?