Question No 5.1 audio getting to my Receiver via HDMI to TV as PC sees the TV has only 2 speakers

Feb 22, 2022
Hi, 1st time here,
I found an answer here for one of my PC to Receiver problems in the forum so I thought I would join up and ask about the other
I get no 5.1 audio to my Receiver as the PC see the TV only has Stereo speakers, how do I get it to allow the 5.1 channel sound through to the Receiver
If I trial the Dolby Access for Headphones it place perfect 5.1 channel sound, although I was looking forward to watching more than their samples
(my DVD player hooked up via HDMI same as the PC send 5.1 straight through)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio 1
picasounds Audio 5
L Audio 3
B Audio 3
B Audio 7
C Audio 7
L Audio 3
E Audio 1
R Audio 3
W Audio 3
R Audio 5
D Audio 1
gashmore Audio 2
R Audio 1
G Audio 2
L Audio 2
R Audio 2
A Audio 2
S Audio 3
B Audio 3
Similar threads
Solved! How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Solved! Trying to Connect powered Mackie's to receiver.
Solved! Would a Kenwood receiver KR-4400 work with a pair of Bose 301 series ll speakers?
Solved! Can i connect external speakers without a receiver to my Toshiba Model 47ZV650U TV? It has a USB & Digital Audio Out ports.
Solved! Help troubleshooting why subwoofer isn't working through AV Receiver through optical, but is through other inputs
Connecting CD player without rca outputs to stereo receiver
Using 3 speaker audio, change from receiver to PC?
Solved! Speakers audio receiver
AV Receiver Audio Out to TV Speaker
Connecting portable speakers to audio receiver?
Polk Audio RTIA9 WITH receiver Yamaha Rx-v579. Need power, is an amp possible?
XBox One and Home Audio options without receiver
Audio from Onkyo receiver through HDMI splitter catch 22
Wire confusion - connecting Passive Klipsch R-14 Speakers to Harmon Kardon 3490 Receiver
Can't get HDMI audio through receiver
Looking to create a home-audio setup need advice on receiver and other items...
Is it possible to route the audio from my new LG Model 55UH6090 4K TV through my old Sony STR-AV580 receiver to get sound from
How to get TV audio through 5.1 home theatre speaker (dvd receiver)
I want to get audio on my patio from receiver in my den
How can I attach Bluetooth speaker to TV with no audio-out jack, other than optical-out and Bluetooth transmitter/receiver?

ASK THE COMMUNITY