5.1 speakers setup problems. Only recognizes rear in 7.1 among other issues please help!

crzyHiPpQ

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hardware:5.1 speakers setup [genius X sw-g5.1 3500] (2 front, center, sub, 2 rear) I run windows 10.

Just plugged them in, and got them to work in testing so I know they are connect properly. The problem is that 1, the rear speakers are only audible when the settings are set to 7.1. And when testing them practically, sound only comes out of the front left and front right speakers. I've also tried this in 5.1 to no avail and have fiddled with sound settings also to no avail. Pretty confused if anyone has any insight please help! Thanks

Solution
music is only Stereo audio - which is 2 channel, Left and Right
games is the same, unless the game has a surround sound option, and then only effects (normally) is heard from the rears

crzyHiPpQ

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Well we got it to recognize the rear speakers in a 5.1 setup. They were automatically detected as side speaters not rear. But the problem still persists where the front 2 speakers are the only ones that work when playing music or playing games. Figured I'd give an update please help!

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
music is only Stereo audio - which is 2 channel, Left and Right
games is the same, unless the game has a surround sound option, and then only effects (normally) is heard from the rears

Solution

TRENDING THREADS