5.1 suround not working properly on PC

protic.ja.ja

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
I connected a 5.1 surround to my PC win 7, all speakers work when I test them, but left speaker is read from 2 speakers while central and back left are both read from 1 speaker. To clarify it, when I click on left speaker in an audio manager's test I hear sound from 2 speakers witch are suppose to be left and back left. When I click on central or back left I hear sound from 1 speaker witch is suppose to be central. Anyone knows what is going on and how to fix this?

Solution

To be honest I don't know. When I first hooked it up I pressed the play button arrow. I didn't have it hooked up right. I plugged the Green one...

protic.ja.ja

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Speakers are MS Industrial ML-6017, they are old, not sure how old as a got them already used together with a PC in a complete that I bought to have as a backup until I fix my main PC, but I plan to use this 5.1 on that PC as well.
Motherboard is AMD mcp6p m2+ ver 6.1.

I am not completely sure what are connectors for 5.1, googling for it give me a lot of different things. But I have something simmilar to this (the second one):
FUFD22EGYE8721K.SMALL.jpg

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Agreed. Those look like splitters so they deliver sound to the two speakers like they are supposed to.

You may want to offer additional information.

image.png
That is my system info. I am using Logitech's Z506 5.1 surround sound speaker system.

All we can see on your end is a couple audio splitters, Windows 7 and an anonymous 5.1 channel audio system.

shutterstock_195142706.jpg

Pics of the way the connections are hooked up would help even more.

protic.ja.ja

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

But that cable (connector/splitter) goes between main speaker (the one you plug all cables in) and PC not between 2 speakers. There are 3 cables that go between speaker and PC, one normal green that looks just like any normal PC speaker have and 2 additional ones, holes for them in a main speaker are named Surround, Front (Stereo), and CE/SW. That connector is to stuck both of those additional cables in a Surround hole, and a general green cable is stuck to Front (Stereo), on a PC side all 3 cables are just stuck in only 3 holes that motherboard has for sound, green in green and other two next to it. Other 5 speakers are just stuck in 5 holes that say Output in that main speaker (there are no other holes there). I tried not using that connector and just stucking all 3 cables in 3 holes but that way I would hear only 2 speakers, I don't have anything to take a picture with but I found a picture of this 5.1 speakers online if it helps:

originalslika_MS-Industrial-Zvucnici-131129911.jpg

What do you mean anonymous 5.1 channel audio system, I stated in my replay that it is MS Industrial ML-6017 and my motherboard is AMD mcp6p m2+ ver 6.1. Didn't know the rest of components are related to it. Here they are:

CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) LE1250 2.20GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

aquielisunari

Distinguished
Sorry about that, I missed that info.

I was curious about your motherboard. I have a MSI Z97 PC Mate board with what I think are the same audio connections you have.
msi-z97-pc-mate-2.jpg
What happens when you plug in one of those wires? Does your audio manager display a message?
5.1.png
That is the only way I know how to troubleshoot where the audio should go. I just need to make sure I have 5.1 audio selected.

I have 3 different cables. 1 green, 1 black and one pink. They are plugged into my subwoofer which sends the audio to the rest of the speakers through more cables. It seems as if that cable is the issue. There should be a single wire going from each connection. That is what I think.

I saw you selected a best answer. Did you solve the issue or? How, if you did.

protic.ja.ja

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
No I didn't solve an issue, I accidentally clicked on pick as a solution, I deselected it.

I only got that window once, the first time I plugged both of those 2 additional cables in surround true that connector. I can enter that window true control panel again.

1.jpg

Yes those are same audio connections i have, but the cables I have, 1 is green and the other 2 are black. If I don't plug both of those black ones in a same hole in subwoofer true connector, then I never get all speakers to work.

How do you use Audio manager to see where audio should go?

aquielisunari

Distinguished

To be honest I don't know. When I first hooked it up I pressed the play button arrow. I didn't have it hooked up right. I plugged the Green one in the middle, black on top and pink on bottom. It should have been Green, Black Pink. When the sound matches the test playback when I press play, within the manager, then I know I have it right.

I unfortunately can't find a user's manual.

Solution