5.1 surround - Andoid box

hypno2000

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
My current setup:
-----------------------
My android box support 5.1 channel dolby and dts. Android box HDMI2 out is connected to my TV.
TV audio out is (3.5mm cable) connected to my 2.1 speakers.

What I want:
-------------------
I want to upgrade to 5.1 surround speakers. Can I just plunged in directly to the output of Android box? or still has to go through Tv?

I am looking for a inexpensive 5.1 speakers something lke this : https://goo.gl/o2v3dp
Do I need a receiver? a must?

Here is the Android box I am using.
http://www.zidoo.tv/Uploads/spec/a26f45104ac1860a44c4adb066e2aee5.jpg

Many thanks

hypno2000

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Thank you!
I assume you mean speakers are not powerful. (of course those Speakers need power in)

Then why Sound bar work ok if receiver not necessary?
Also, what happenes if I skip receiver and just plug in directly to Android box?

No I meant powered. As in they need a way to make sound and need, which either comes from a single amp that powers all the speakers, or powered speakers in which each speaker has its own built in amp.

How will you plug directly into the Android box? You can't and without a receiver the speakers won't make any noise

The 5.1 speaker-set you linked, only the sub is amplified, the satellite speakers are not, so they won't work wo some way to send them amplified signals. So these speakers are not your one stop salvation, they need "something else" to make them work.

There is a built-in amplifier in the soundbar, 2 channel? 2.1, I dunno, but am 100% sure you can't use THIS amplifier to power external speakers.

No matter how you dice and slice it, there is no cheap complete surround system wo a receiver. Even if you are able to rig amplifier pieces to power those satellite, who's gonna do the dolby/dts decoding? so back to square 1, you need a receiver.

hypno2000

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Thank You!

Is there something you can recommend receiver/speakers? Does this come together as well?

Does the android box can Decode?

This is from the android box website. (I am using zidoo x6 pro, 4k)
Audio FormatDD/DD+/DTS /MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG /OGA/FLAC/ALAC/ APE/ AAC
HDMI PortStandard HDMI female, v2.0 Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH)

Sorry for asking, I should admit I am not good in audio department.

hypno2000

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012

HDMI out to TV
But there are other outputs like Coaxial,Optical etc. Can i use one of them connect directly to the Speakers (Back of the Subwoofer) ?