5 Good WYSIWYG Editors for Coders

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007 and 2010. Both are FREE!

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Exactly what kind of coding are these tools for? Anything, or just making web pages? Not all of us program for the web ...

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]tburns1[/nom]Exactly what kind of coding are these tools for? Anything, or just making web pages? Not all of us program for the web ...[/citation]

I see your point (as I use XAML designers) mostly when WYSIWYG is specified they mean web designer...

Remember the old Hot Dog desinger back in generation 1 of HTML! I think that was one of the first!

hunter315

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I use dreamweaver for work, but rarely use the design tab so the WYSIWYG part doesnt help me out much. They are good for starters but once you start learning you should be able to move into notepad and still be just as good.

digitalraine

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Aptana Studio is another good one. I use the plug-in version inside of Eclipse and it works great. It's not for people that are very new to the arena, but won't take much for an average dev to get it down easily. It's also cross-platform for Win/Mac/Linux/BSD.

G

SciTE for linux and its windows variant Notepad++, far and away the best code editor

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
How about Visual Studio or Expression Blend? You'll never need to use any other editors. :) Okay, so maybe you will, but why would you?

G

"Good WYSIWYG Editors" is an oxymoron. Nothing beats hand-coding a web application using a simple color-coded text editor, optionally with some plugins for auto-completion, syntax checking, and compiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.