5 Reasons Why the iPhone X is (Still) the Best Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjscomputer8225

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
Try again the phone doesn't come with Windows 10 plus you are paying apple for the rest of your life..when I purchase a phone I would like all the specs up front especially when they cost $1000....give it up...Cheers

elfhaven13

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
Alright now, a couple of weeks ago you were singing the praises of the Samsung Galaxy S8+ or the Samsung Galaxy S8 Note so I'm confused now that it's all about iPhone again? I'm just going to go ahead and get the Samsung Galaxy S8 Note or the plus.

mig6220

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
So the screen is better in Apple~because it's brighter? Isn't that just a matter of software? Couldn't Samsung sent a patch (or oreo) that makes it so bright, it blocks out the sun, (and burn out in 3 seconds?)
Sammy always ran deeper and richer-apple "truer". Sounds like personal preference being made to sound like fact.
Unlike actual resolution, which is measurably higher in the Samsung's, and not mentioned in this article.
And will the X be the best when it's throttled back in a year (ands every year after), and you're forced to buy an $80 battery? Hmm....

sosborne563

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
" other reports point to Apple slashing production in half for the early part of this year, citing sluggish sales."
Dude, it's Feb. 1, the early part of the year was was like a few weeks ago and this was only reported on the news just last week.

otter_sd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
So what is the 2nd (or 3rd) best phones, you know, for those to whom $999 is not realistic for a phone, i.e., the 99% group?

avshmu

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Right...
Who needs:
Customization options, advanced notifications, administrative tools, home-screen widgets, app overlays, on-screen multitasking, instant app switching, windowed apps, in-screen gestures, default app assignments, ability to change launchers (with themes and arrange-able screens), shared apps, respectable assistant, virtual reality, key mapping, removable storage, unlocked NFC, Standard Qi fast charging, to name a few...
For that premium price you also get the following features eliminated:
Live wallpapers, secured folders, 3.5mm jack, Always On Display and notification LED with a 'signature' unibrow (notch sound a bit better) and get a huge, ugly camera bulge at the back as a bonus.
Almost forgot: instead of a secure Iris scanning which is widely known for its high accuracy, and utilized by most security agencies, you settle on an unproven, face recognition (that even Apple admits has serious limitations).
Worth every penny.
Well, my mom's caregiver is fine with that. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.