Question Screen black and disabled; shows nothing; need to turn off phone, how do i do it?

dangcomputer

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2015
So here's the deal . I want to turn my iphone off, and I can't. The reason I can't is because my screen is totally black, because presumably the connector inside that connects it to the circuit board is somehow damaged, so the screen simply doesn't function at all, other than bright green flashes when it tries to do something. Everything on the phone works as intended...except that screen.

I need to turn the phone off because the damn battery is taking forever to die, and the freakin alarm keeps going off! Usually when I don't need it to! LOL

Does anyone know a way to turn it off without being able to see the iPhone logo (to know for sure that it's off)? I have already tried the up/down/hold wake button several times, but cannot tell if the phone is off because of the no apple logo thing. Hope this all makes sense!

thanks!

akai331

Estimable
Jan 4, 2019
If your iPhone screen is completely black and you want to turn it off, you can try performing a hard reset. Press and hold the power button and the volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the screen goes completely dark. This should force the iPhone to power off, even though you won't see the Apple logo.