5 Reasons Why You Should Not Buy The iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
was writing two different articles really necessary? it makes tom's seem incompetent, and no, most people on tom's will figure out why they would like or would not like an apple product

we don't need these 'articles'. but thanks though.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
The only reasons to not buy an iPad 2 is waiting for an iPad 3 or not wanting a tablet at all.

- Who needs a camera in a tablet? Video chat? yeah. Because I want people to video chat with me early in the morning or late at night when I look like a zombie.
- Who needs 4G? I would most likely never take my iPad out of WiFi territory. It's a living room / bed room / lecture hall device, not a laptop or smartphone.
- Living without flash and having to transfer files over a network is a small price to pay for tons of apps purpose written for the iPad. (as opposed to Android apps, which are less numerous and written with a multitude of devices in mind)

G

DO NOT BUY AN iPAD 2.0
To see why:
http://besttechtoday.blogspot.com/

liao24hoho

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
reason 6: it is worse than ipad 3
reason 7: it is worse than ipad 4
reason 8: it is worse than ipad 5
reason 9: it is worse than ipad 6
reason 10: it is worse than ipad 7

jazzyone

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Great read! Hopefully enough people in my area will listen and not get one. It could make my iPad 2 buying experience that much more enjoyable on Friday.

jazzyone

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Great read! Hopefully enough people in my area will listen and not get one. It could make my iPad 2 buying experience that much more enjoyable on Friday.

G

"The digital zoom is due to its pixel interpolation process virtually useless." Sure... How about taking an English grammar class? Anyway. Then, there's the old broken record: "No USB, no SD, Flash...". Which are respectively finished, useless, and sub-par technologies. So the real question is: Wait for what? The iPad 3 won't use those technologies either. Anyway. Objectivity is obviously not my forte. I quite literally licked my iPad the day I bought it last year, and I'm planning on a new Licking Event at my house on March 11.

andrewinla

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
I have an original ipad and the 3G is plenty fast for browsing the web and even Netflix streaming.
Only thing 4G to me is worst battery life and probably a surcharge from AT&T for using 4G.

As a complete Microsoft guy (I don't own a Mac) the ipad allows me to leave my laptop in the bag 90% of the time. I can monitor my network while watching TV. Edit Word & Excel docs (Using QuickOffice App). Then its great to watch some Netflix before bed. Now that my 2 year old has figured out how to use it and all the fun apps I downloaded for her, I need the ipad2, since I never get to use my ipad.

All you people who dont want to buy anything with the label Apple are nuts.
Im still a hardcore PC guy and will NEVER buy a Mac. But the ipad and iphone have been great for my work and personal life.

funny thing is I was always an Apple hater but bought small chunks of Apple stock. Buying an ipad2 is a drop in a huge bucket thanks to Apple stock.

andrewinla

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
I have an original ipad and the 3G is plenty fast for browsing the web and even Netflix streaming.
Only thing 4G to me is worst battery life and probably a surcharge from AT&T for using 4G.

As a complete Microsoft guy (I don't own a Mac) the ipad allows me to leave my laptop in the bag 90% of the time. I can monitor my network while watching TV. Edit Word & Excel docs (Using QuickOffice App). Then its great to watch some Netflix before bed. Now that my 2 year old has figured out how to use it and all the fun apps I downloaded for her, I need the ipad2, since I never get to use my ipad.

All you people who dont want to buy anything with the label Apple are nuts.
Im still a hardcore PC guy and will NEVER buy a Mac. But the ipad and iphone have been great for my work and personal life.

funny thing is I was always an Apple hater but bought small chunks of Apple stock. Buying an ipad2 is a drop in a huge bucket thanks to Apple stock.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
for ppl who looking for tablet , should take a look at ViewSonic Viewpad 10s that pack with latest nvidia tegra 2 processor that support 1080p , and it is base on Android that got no problem with flash ;)

musing

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
reason 6: it does not have a floppy disk - wait untill the open Android community helps Motorola to come up with a floppy disk enabled Xoom2. Enough of Steve Jobs dictating to us what we can and we cannot have in a tablet PC. With Xoom2, people will have the freedom of using a floppy disk if they want to. I do get it - that many people might not want a floppy drive. However it is not about that. It is about FREEDOM. The exact thing that megalomaniac Steve Jobs wants to deny you. - Yes you the average person reading this comment. Do you want to give Steve Jobs that power of denying you the FREEDOM? No I thought so - so dont buy an iPAD.

reason 7: it does not have command prompt. Steve Jobs has become the big brother not unlike the one portrayed in the 1986 commercial. Who is he to dictate to us that we dont need a command prompt? People can choose to use the command prompt if they want to. IF they dont want to they will not - That my friend is FREEDOM.

reason 8: it does not come with a gramaphone. Wait untill the next Samsung Galaxy tab running Android comes with a standard issue Gramaphone. Dont laugh at this suggestion folks. For this is about a very essential American aspect of life. Its about FREEDOM. Get it people. If people dont want to use their tablet PC as a Gramaphone music box - it is their choice. We do indeed know many people no longer use Gramaphones. They may as well not use the Gramaphone. But the key here is to provide the common man suffering from lack of Freedom due to people like Steve Jobs a CHOICE. Thats it- a Choice.

reason 9: it does not have a Friggin lazer. Again the evil despot that Steve Jobs is, has no right to dictate that we dont need a Lazer.. Wait untill Tablet convetible Netbooks from Asus running window 7 and Norton Antivirus starts shipping with a standard 10 Megawatt class Lazer all within $250. Who wants to pay Crapple Tax, when one can soon get a 10 Mega watt lazer in a net book with a USB port with half the price of an iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.