5 Reasons Why You Should Not Buy The iPad 2

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]TheMadLicker[/nom]"No USB, no SD, Flash...". Which are respectively finished, useless, and sub-par technologies.[/citation]
Do please state the technologies that will replace USB and Flash memory cards. And it's funny that you mention that USB is finished, useless and sub-par since you connect the iPad to a computer using a USB port.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Reason 6: You like your money and don't want to give it away to Apple for something you don't need.

Reason 7: You're not stupid.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]akula2[/nom]Haters may STFU and whine some where else! I'll buy good and smart products irrespective of the companies because am the Customer and I exercise my choice. BTW, what product/website isn't exactly the flawless? Is Tom flawless? The website sucks while loading in my FF browser so why don't you guys improve it instead of preaching others? Thanks.[/citation]

Define "Good" and "Smart" for me, I'm a little slow...

tajisi

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Slight error. The once and future CEO of Apple didn't announce the iMac until 1998, not 1996. The G3 processor wasn't even out in 1996.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
There's also the whole stuck-with-iTunes thing, which is a huge issue for me. I'm using Arch Linux as my main OS, and I can tell you syncing with VirtualBox isn't pretty. My estimate is around 2 MB/s (and you'd think that would bother me, but no. It's charging anyway, so why not leave it alone and sync away...).

Anyway, iTunes is bull excrement (at least on Windows). But it gets the job done - most of the time.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
what about this reason:
Chinese Factory Workers Write to Steve Jobs.11:10 PM - March 5, 2011 by Marcus Yam -
source: Tom's Hardware US 10Share.
A bad gas.

Zoom

Many of our computers and electronic gadgets are possible thanks to the production facilities in China. The focus on production capacity sometimes leads to neglect for the conditions that human beings must endure just to make the latest piece of technology.

Now several workers from Wintek, which make touch screens for Apple devices, has written a letter to Steve Jobs regarding the hardships they had to endure, particularly with regards to the use of hexyl hydride, also called n-hexane, from May 2008 to August 2009.

According to Reuters, part of the letter read: "This is a killer, a killer that strikes invisibly. … From when hexyl hydride was used, monthly profits at Apple and Wintek have gone up by tens of millions every month, the accumulated outcome of workers' lives and health."

Wintek used n-hexane in the production of touch-panels, but has since stopped when it found out that it was making its workers ill. Now the plant has switched back to alcohol, which achieves the same result but slower.

It's not immediately clear what the workers are hoping to achieve by sending an English version of the letter to Apple. One technician said, "I hope Apple can respect our labor and our dignity. I hope they can stand up and apologize to us," while another worker explained, "We are unable to cope with the medical costs of treatment in the future."

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Want freedom? Grab a x86 tablet. It allows Windows, Linux, 3D games, Opera, FF, paralell printers, SCSI CD-ROM, multiple ethernet, ISA modem, 5 1/4 diskette etc.

But you don't want freedom but portability and long battery life, isn't it? Then the iPad 2 doesn't look bad at all.

rquick

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
No flash. Don't notice. Don't care. What flash?
Somebody (good friend) gave me an iPad several months ago (maybe 6?). I didn't want one because I didn't have a need for one. I thought. Now I use it everyday. Best email device ever that won't fit in a pocket. Surf the web all evening. Better than my Kindle for reading books with my tired old eyes. Super for remote iTunes from my computer. Never noticed the lack of flash. Ever. Not once. Would seem like a silly reason not to buy an iPad since the lack of flash never interferes in the experience. But that's just me. What do you do that flash is so critical for?

G

Just got iPad four months ago is there any chance of getting a free upgrade of apple

Status
Not open for further replies.