5 underrated wireless earbuds features you should be using

Apr 10, 2023
I recently bought two pairs of buds which were highly rated, the galaxy buds pro 2 were good but they were rubbish making phone calls where people at the other end found it hard to hear anything so I returned them. The fit was average at best.

I then moved on to the Sony wf 1000xm4 which were fantastic but for the fact they kept fallin out of my ears no matter what I did.

So I'm back to my AKG over ear headphones, which were free with my galaxy note 10, which win hands down in every respect. The only thing is that they are much bulkier and don't fit into my pocket.

I will find it hard to justify going to buds if I can't try them out before buying, which is not allowed in Australia. The quality of the AKG makes the hassle of carrying them worthwhile.

My alternate is a 20 dollar pair of wireless buds that have a wire between them and wrap around your ear for sport which are very good apart from not having ANC. So the price for these buds that fall out of your ears or where your contacts can't hear you makes it hard to justify the money they go for.

Apr 10, 2023
Stay far away from the Bose Earbuds.
Pro:
- Sound is great

Cons:
  • Bluetooth connectivity is brutal. It only connects to one device.
  • It regularly (about once a week) loses connectivity to my Android phone and I have to re-pair it.
  • There are 5 devices (phone, tablet, 2 laptops and a tv) that I have paired it with. If my phone Bluetooth is off and it tries to connect, it moves on to the next device and has to cycle through all of the other 4 devices, taking 15 seconds for each, before it gives up and only THEN can I try to connect the phone.
  • The auto on/off is terrible and, according to Bose, cannot be turned off.
  • I like to listen to music while eating an early bowl of cereal to not wake the others. The movement of my jaw while chewing triggers the on/off constantly so it stops the music, reconnects and then I manually have to restart the music. I've gotten to the point where I very slowly chew trying not to move my jaw. Idiotic!!
  • If you remove the right earbud, the music does stop but then putting it down or in your pocket, as can happen if the case isn't with you restarts the music and drains the battery as it sits in your pocket. Not so bad with music but really socks if listening to an audiobook and you have to go back and find the last place you remember, but that only after you've waited and recharged it.

Bottom line, I have an older pair of Bose Soundsports which are awesome in every way without any of the Earbuds issues. I'm at a point where I ONLY use the Earbuds once the Soundsports' battery needs charging. How Bose went so far backwards in their product development is mind boggling