50 Hours: World's Longest Gaming Session

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
Wow, I wish I would have known about a world record back when I was heavy into CS1.6 and my wife was yelling at me and told me to shut up. I looked at her, turned around and went to my PC. Put my headphones, started up CS, logged in to my favorite server and only left my desk to take a leak. Since I already had some drinks and snacks there, I was there ignoring her from Friday at 4pm till Monday at 12n.

She's never told me to shut up since.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]LOL! Seriously? I am betting 1/2 the people here have a pulled a drunken, energy drink fueled 72 hour game marathon at least once in their lives.Wha... I've been playing for 72 hours? Coulda swore it was 2.[/citation]

I've done 48, that was sonic Adventure 2 when it first came out. I passed out in my chair.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]LOL! Seriously? I am betting 1/2 the people here have a pulled a drunken, energy drink fueled 72 hour game marathon at least once in their lives.Wha... I've been playing for 72 hours? Coulda swore it was 2.[/citation]

Yeah, when I saw the previous record set in 2009 I couldn't help but remember the time I played Command and Conquer back in 1996. I have no idea how many hours it was but easily over 48 hours straight. I did finish the entire thing in one go and still had plenty of time left in the 96 hours of holiday leave to get some sleep.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I've played Civ for 50h straight before. That game has stolen more sleep from me than any other. I've learned to avoid saying things like 'I'll just play a quick game'.

boobot

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I played WOW 35 hours continuously only to be outpaced by my wife a year or so later who stretched through 37 hours straight of leveling her Druid!

boobot

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I played WOW 35 hours continuously only to be outpaced by my wife a year or so later who stretched through 37 hours straight of leveling her Druid! I'm sure we could potentially hit 50 hours but no more time for that now......

jodrummersh

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]I love playing WoW and some other games, and I have been known to play Diablo 2 for up to 14 hours, but I don't think I could tolerate 50 hours. I have a vague urge to try, now, though. Suicide by MMO. it sounds interesting.[/citation]

My longest streak was Diablo 2 also! Got 18 hours in with one single break to take a piss.

vulmer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I like the last comment...Sadly I have to admit that when the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WoW came out I played for an easy 50+ hours, reaching server first level 80 horde/orc and then some. That game was such a bad addiction... glad I have been able to give it up. Here's to over 1 year of WoW-soberness!

jodrummersh

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
In all honesty I'm worried about my impending downward spiral out of the world when Diablo 3 hits. But hey, if I set a record, I'll be sure to let you guys know!

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
This may be the new official record, but as many have said our own private record (even if they were accidental drunken marathons) smash on these guys' 50 hours.

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Just 50 hours? That is an absolute joke. Used to get off work after a 12 hour shift for our 3 day break and go straight to the AD&D pen and paper game. Ah, the ol' days of working Security in the Air Force (also when AD&D books weren't $40 dollars each and TSR was actually it own entity).

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Just 50 hours? That is an absolute joke. Used to get off work after a 12 hour shift for our 3 day break and go straight to the AD&D pen and paper game. Ah, the ol' days of working Security in the Air Force (also when AD&D books weren't $40 dollars each and TSR was actually it own entity).

jdp245

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
I have on a couple of occasions worked for more than 50 hours straight, with breaks only to use the bathroom. What I wouldn't have given to be playing RDR those days instead!

jodrummersh

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]jdp245[/nom]I have on a couple of occasions worked for more than 50 hours straight, with breaks only to use the bathroom. What I wouldn't have given to be playing RDR those days instead![/citation]

Ugh, c'mon...no one wants to hear about your marathon working. You're making us all look bad!

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I never played this long, I get bored honestly, I suppose my longest gaming session was on age of empire when I was 13, about 10 hours straight. my longest time staying up though is about 3 days continuously

staying awake 3 days straight is easy comparing to playing all that time, your eyes will hurt your ass will hurt, everything about you will hurt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.