$550 budget office laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB4times4

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I'm looking to help find a computer for my dad in the next few days. He needs it for the basics: Web, office, etc.

1_What is your budget? Aim for $550, $700 absolute max.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" screen is all I need. Needs to have a dedicated 10 key if possible.

3_What screen resolution do you want? Any

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable.

5_How much battery life do you need? Will almost always be plugged in, but will be used on airplanes on occasion.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? No

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Basic office tasks: web, ms office, emails etc.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? enough to not get filled by occasional music, and documents. 250gb should be enough, but the more the better.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Any.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? I'd like it to last as long as possible. He needs it for a work computer

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? cd/dvd reader is all. cd burner hopefully.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Any

13_What country do you live in? USA

Status
Not open for further replies.