64GB Model Confirmed for BlackBerry PlayBook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I am wondering with those devices with camera on the front and back how secure they are. I just can imagine people reading in their underwear and being taking a photo of them a bit compromising I would say. I bet they will be people starting to make virus just for those device.

FinlayG

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Unless this has video out, I see no reason to have 1080p video on a 1024x600 screen.

It will have HDMI out.

I can't wait for this to be released. Finally a tablet with all the features the iPad should have had. I just hope the interface is as good as the hardware.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... i understand, why Steve is pissed of... not just that BlackBerry PlayBook is a iPad ripoff... but... the presentation sux!!! Big time... when you copy, then copy[it]right!!!

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... i understand, why Steve is pissed of... not just that BlackBerry PlayBook is a iPad ripoff... but... the presentation sux!!! Big time... when you copy, then copy[it]right!!![/citation]
All electronic devices are improvements built off earlier versions, nobody is ripping anybody off. The Playbook has a lot the iPad doesn't have, it's not even aimed at the same type of user. The iPad is a toy for the masses, the Playbook is a productive tablet for business people.

gbismack

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
With this speaker, couple hundred thousand sold. With Steve Jobs, take away half the functions and hundreds of millions sold.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... i understand, why Steve is pissed of... not just that BlackBerry PlayBook is a iPad ripoff... but... the presentation sux!!! Big time... when you copy, then copy[it]right!!![/citation]

The current technology industry is one massive plagiarism based off earlier designs that can eventually trace back to the ivnenting of the first computer. Whether its true or not, companies will copy/emulate/imitate each others styles/products/services if they know that the company they're copying is onto a winning formula. Its so part of the current economy and business world that its not called copying or ripping off, its just called competition.

/truth

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Tablets will be a temporary fad that will come and go because they don't add anything new to the market, they don't have a keyboard, and generally cost more money than netbooks. Perhaps Video-calling will get big in the U.S. but most likely stick with cellphones. I remember when GPS was hot and eventually it became another feature added on to more capable devices. I suspect the trend of tablets is popular right now because Apple's iPad is a cheaper alternative to buying Apple's other overpriced portable gadgets. When tablets become $150 - $250 then people may buy them. But why....? If Apple charges a lot of money and Jobs says its the next best thing since the iPhone (by the way Apple will never top the iPhone) then it must be better...right?

kilthas_th

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I'm guessing they just can't have it ready any earlier, or that they must be extremely confident in their OS (glad to see QNX get some press!) and UI to plan their launch against the second gen iPad. Here's to competition!

G

ugh. im going a little stir crazy if they don't give us a release date to look forward to im just going to get something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.