8 Questions for Apple's New CEO Tim Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
About what I expected.

At first I was against Apple not adapting USB 3.0, just because I have never seen any Thunderbolt devices outside of online stores. But to be honest, I have never seen a USB 3.0 device either.

The bit about the batteries is spot-on, and just about what every manufacture does the same (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc). Make sure the battery lasts through the warranty period, and after that they don't care.

Not saying I like everything Tim Cook would say, but to be honest if I was in his situation I would say the same thing. It may not make everyone happy but it makes perfect business sense.

G

What nonsense. The iTunes question was the only sensible one, and the others showed a lack of Apple knowledge. Example: Flash is a massive drain on batteries & CPU as Steve Jobs previously explained in detail - This is why it's banned on mobile devices but NOT banned on Macbook's - a quick Google search will quickly demonstrate that people using Flash find that the amount they get out of a single charge drops dramatically, and the fan goes wild. Re: Business support, no mention of Apple's recent "Joint Venture" business support? You'd think Tim would know about that, wouldn't you?

G

You aren't asking Tim Cook anything!

Is this really journalism??

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]jim9671[/nom]You aren't asking Tim Cook anything!Is this really journalism??[/citation]
It is an opinion piece--we can't ask Tim directly because he hasn't agreed to do an interview with us. This is pure speculation. If that bothers you, don't read it. Personally, I think speculation by an informed journalist is of value.

Rachel Rosmarin
Managing Editor, Tom's Guide

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... how about to ask Tim directly, not speculate...?... is this journalism?[/citation]
I think it is journalism. Tim Cook hasn't agreed to grant us an interview.
The "write around" is a long-established journalistic tradition when publications deal with high profile personalities (of which the Apple CEO is certainly one).

Rachel Rosmarin
Managing Editor, Tom's GUide

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
9. Will you end the patent lawsuit nonsense and instead assert your company by remaining innovative in the market, rather than bullying the competition?

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]9. Will you end the patent lawsuit nonsense and instead assert your company by remaining innovative in the market, rather than bullying the competition?[/citation]
Thank you! :)

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
I don't think that Tim looks like Steve. Tim looks like a normal person. Steve always had that psychotic look on his face, like either he was high on some sort of drug or plain delusional about something. The "Reality Perception Field" that we all know apple suffered from stemmed from him - we'll see if Tim turns out to be as psychotic as well - or if he continues to appear like a normal person and continues to innovate and bring good products to the market.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Rachel Rosmarin is the Managing Editor, Tom's Guide.
Here’s what we’d ask her, if we could, and how we think she might answer.

Rachel if you saw words being put into your mouth on a website, how would you feel?
Rachel Rosmarin's Likely Answer: I’d be delighted. Nothing would make me happier. It's the new direction. We are going to give likely reviews in the future. Sony could may maybe make a flat screen TV and cooking pot PC. It is possibly great.

Rachel, I've been following Toms hardware since 1996 when it was just about the only tech site you could find. Google hadn't really got going then and AltaVista ruled. Could this site get much worse?
Rachel Rosmarin's Likely Answer: If you don't like it then don't read it.

Rachel, that's very grown up. You're right I don't read it, along with those 8 questions. I used to read the TH every day for years and even post comments. I now come back when every other site is done. This ridiculous article prompted me to reset my password and log in. Just to tell you how bad it is.
Rachel Rosmarin's Andy Patrizio: I don't care. I'm living my journalistic dream.

Andy Patrizio, you were paid to write that. How lucky do you feel?
Andy Patrizio's fairy tail answer: I just couldn't stop laughing. At one point I had the make believe Tim Cook deciding on his best summer hat.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]waxdart[/nom]Rachel Rosmarin is the Managing Editor, Tom's Guide.Here’s what we’d ask her, if we could, and how we think she might answer.Rachel if you saw words being put into your mouth on a website, how would you feel?Rachel Rosmarin's Likely Answer: I’d be delighted. Nothing would make me happier. It's the new direction. We are going to give likely reviews in the future. Sony could may maybe make a flat screen TV and cooking pot PC. It is possibly great.Rachel, I've been following Toms hardware since 1996 when it was just about the only tech site you could find. Google hadn't really got going then and AltaVista ruled. Could this site get much worse?Rachel Rosmarin's Likely Answer: If you don't like it then don't read it.Rachel, that's very grown up. You're right I don't read it, along with those 8 questions. I used to read the TH every day for years and even post comments. I now come back when every other site is done. This ridiculous article prompted me to reset my password and log in. Just to tell you how bad it is.Rachel Rosmarin's Andy Patrizio: I don't care. I'm living my journalistic dream.Andy Patrizio, you were paid to write that. How lucky do you feel?Andy Patrizio's fairy tail answer: I just couldn't stop laughing. At one point I had the make believe Tim Cook deciding on his best summer hat.[/citation]
I'm flattered by this. Thank you! Just a reminder: The Tom's Hardware you know and love still exists, waxdart. This is Tom's Guide--a different site.

P.S. If you DO have any questions for me, ask them! I will answer. I'm not a hard-to-reach, high-profile tech executive.

Rachel Rosmarin
Managing Editor, Tom's Guide

G

This is just an opinion article bashing apple as much as possible. As a whole, this article is BULLSHIT.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Damn that was a great interview with Tim Cook and he wasn't even there. I think the questions were spot on and 90% of the faux answers were dead right. Great article.

BRING FLASH BACK!!! Let's pretend that Apple is 110% right and innocent in regards to Flash. But at least make it an option that people can turn on or off. Flash plug ins and extensions can be removed. Come on now... consumers should at least have the choice to enable flash or not. Even on PC's... you don't have to have Flash. You don't have to download and install Flash.

G

painfully lame to read these questions and answers.. The quality of answers you have predicted and your attempt to put into words what Tim Cooks himself may be thinking is undeniably mediocre at best.

How long did it take to put this article up? A new mba graduate would be embarrased to even come up with these answers let alone Tim Cooks.

Seems like you have nothing better to report if you have to make stuff up on a news' site.

Status
Not open for further replies.