$800-$900 Laptop for Video encoding (Twitch)/Gaming

KMAG

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
1. What is your budget?
$800-$900
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15-17 inch
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Already having a desktop I would like a notebook for video encoding as well as a laptop when I need something more portable.
5. How much battery life do you need?
8 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Starcraft 2 medium. Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) live stream encoding to twitch. Dual pc setup. Gaming on my desktop and encoding on the laptop.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Amazon, Newegg, other.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Preferably DVD ROM/writer (not a must)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No real preference
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Since video encoding is very cpu intensive the more powerful the cpu the better.

Thanks in advance!

uthvag

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
you can get the lenovo y50 with i7 4700 hq @ 950$

however if i remember correctly , the gigabyte pc25xv2 with i7 4800 and an 880m was available for 100$ during black friday (i dont know when there will be a sale like that again)

and about the y50 , it is thin and the only con is that they gve you a portable dvd/R drive and not an inbuilt one