Solved! 8930-6048 Battery Issues

Ramb

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Ok, so it appears my battery is worn out, and that it is unable to hold a charge properly anymore. So, I bought a new battery. That one didn't work, it fit physically, appeared to hold a full charge, and then once it discharged it was unable to charge back up again. I got a couple replacements too, neither of these worked. These batteries were off eBay, from someone with pretty high feedback. Anyways, I was wondering why these batteries aren't working, and since they aren't, what you recommend I do to fix this problem.

I also wanna know, since supposedly my laptop's cells are only 600mAh, why manufacturers don't use cells like these:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/18650-3000mAh-RECHARGEABLE-BATTERY-CELL-3-7v-Li-ion-x8-/120635287432?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item1c166c6788

Feel free to ask me for any information you'd need to help me. Thanks.

Solution
That's the danger with buying PC parts off of ebay. Chances are that the batteries are shot. I'd file a PayPal complaint to get your money back and send the batteries back to the seller. If you need a new battery, buy a brand new one from a reputable source.
That's the danger with buying PC parts off of ebay. Chances are that the batteries are shot. I'd file a PayPal complaint to get your money back and send the batteries back to the seller. If you need a new battery, buy a brand new one from a reputable source.

Solution

Ramb

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Yeah, I already sent it back. Thanks for your quick response. I'd like to know then, what would be a "reputbale source" for purchasing a battery for my laptop? Preferably as inexpensive as possible.

Thanks.