blackdragoniv

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
so everyone knows the story about a gtx 980 in a laptop, the question is is it worth getting.currently i have my eye on the msi gt72s dragon and it is quiet expensive and what is picky is that rumors around says that next gen nvidia cards are very powerful and the last thing i want is to pay a high price for the laptop to have it be absolute in a year, so should i go for 980 laptop or 980m and save some bucks for next MXM card?.

renz496

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
First is we don't know whem nvidia next mobile part will be here. And sometimes they come at much later date than dekstop counter part. Right now there are few rumors but so far it still point very far release time frame. Earliest would be Q2 next year. Could be later.

blackdragoniv

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
i think i settled on the best choice... the 980m for being a great gpu that gets the job done very well, dose not release so much heat so you won't be hearing the fan noise much and uses much less watts, finally the diff in performance was about 20% and for an extra 500$ just for 20%... just does not seem worth it.