99% of Android Phones Vulnerable to Data Leak; Google Working on Quick Fix

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
[citation][nom]ThisIsMe[/nom]...Today Company X failed to imagine this one scenario that left users vulnerable when this one thing that COULD happen if some bad people ....[/citation]

Sending authentication tokens using plain HTTP, is not an imagination fail, it's a BIG EFING security fail. You learn this kind of stuff in the security kinder garden. Big fail Google! Big Fail sending authentication info on unsecured channels.

You really can't get any more basic than this when it comes to security, plain ans simple: don't send sensitive information over non secured channels.

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
The difference?

With Apple, you are the customer, and their phone is their product.

With Google, you are the product and their customer is every company out there that would like to know just about anything about you.

Don't be evil, Google. Please don't be evil.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]Apple: Hey we have a new product for you.Applelover: Oh yeah?! What's new about it?Apple: Don't worry about that. It's new.Applelover: What? Oh okay.Apple: You don't want to be left in the past now do you? Come on..Applelover: How much?Apple: How much you got?Applelover: My life savings.Apple: I'll take it.[/citation]
LOL

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Hope Google doesn’t have some serious vulnerabilities in its cloud, so we don’t have to hear about another hacked users data such as the recent PSN hack.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]Houndsteeth[/nom]The difference?With Apple, you are the customer, and their phone is their product.With Google, you are the product and their customer is every company out there that would like to know just about anything about you.Don't be evil, Google. Please don't be evil.[/citation]
Very true.

G

Hence this is why my corporation will never standardize on mobile platforms like android.

Status
Not open for further replies.