A $400 Hairdryer With a Ferrari Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]thedarkw0lf[/nom]Interesting article... But a waste of money, nonetheless.[/citation]
well some people have money to waste

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]PostmanPat[/nom]Anyone else get the impression that Jane is hoping for a free marketing sample...?[/citation]

I'd only break it. :( I'm not good with nice things.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation][nom]PostmanPat[/nom]Anyone else get the impression that Jane is hoping for a free marketing sample...?[/citation]
Good thinking there... I never actually thought of that before... lol

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
100 to 0 percent hair moisture 4.3 seconds

Congress is passing a law requiring the use of a safety harness and electrically insulated shoes during operation of this product.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I'd only break it. I'm not good with nice things.[/citation]

At least you can recognize that fact. I ignore my limitations, hence why I can't have nice things. For very long, anyways...
Were the Ferrari engineers just bored or what?

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Okay, so it's pricey and draws a lot of power. The picture doesn't even show the Ferrari symbol, so so much for bragging rights. Regardless, am I the only one thinking: "This thing is ugly!"?

fball922

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]and honda makes an entire line of cars powered by hairdryer motors. go figure[/citation]
I lol'd.

I actually can see this being popular in more upscale salons. $400 for a high power blowdrier that will last 3-4 times as long as a cheaper one? Plus its in sexy Ferrari red.

Than again, what do I know. I am a male with a close crop haircut haha.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
excessive pricing considering the shell is plastic looking? They could have sprung for carbon fiber, a rubberized no slip handle with red accents. It looks cheap.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
or you can just get 8 normal hairdryers at 50$ a pop, that'll last you 8x500 = 4000 hours for the same price as this overpriced piece of junk. :)

And I thought it was going to have an engine not a motor? A motor converts electrical energy into mechanical work. An engine converts thermo chemical energy or heat energy into mechanical work.

Though I would have no use for a hair dryer let alone one of this price. I could see people wanting this if it really is more powerful and has a much greater lifespan. Assuming stellar build quality and lifespan I would equate this to a Kirby vacuum cleaner. Though $400 and $500 Hoover's (or whatever brand you choose) can get equivalent marks to the $1800 Kirby. Those vacuums are cheaply constructed and start losing power after a couple years. While the Kirby has a lifetime warranty and is expected to last 25 years before needing replacement.

If Ferrari stands behind this hair dryer as Kirby does their vacuums I could see a market for this. Otherwise it would be quite a waste. As the 500-700 hours for a normal hair dryer is likely those $50 units not high end $200+ units. Though at that price they should have used aircraft grade aluminum for the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.